Cordless mixer

Turner83

Morning all,I'm just after some thoughts on the dewalt mega mixer, I mainly do domestic work covering abit of boarding, bonding and skimming. So no site work or rendering as I'm just a one man band. My mixer that I've had for 7 years is starting to give way and I'm looking for a new one/upgrade. It's only a cheap £80 screwfix one as I only bought it to get started. So my question is, is it worth getting the dewalt cordless one or the mega mixer? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Morning all,I'm just after some thoughts on the dewalt mega mixer, I mainly do domestic work covering abit of boarding, bonding and skimming. So no site work or rendering as I'm just a one man band. My mixer that I've had for 7 years is starting to give way and I'm looking for a new one/upgrade. It's only a cheap £80 screwfix one as I only bought it to get started. So my question is, is it worth getting the dewalt cordless one or the mega mixer? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Cordless all day for what you need it for.

Yes you will never look back

I've never tried the cordless (I do use the 230v DeWalt).

General consensus on the cordless DeWalt seems to be that it's great for skim, but can struggle knocking up dab. I don't know if anyone's tried a smaller diameter paddle with dab.

If you only rarely knock up dab, then I guess you could buy a cheap 230v mixer for that, and use a cordless DeWalt for all your multi, on an everyday basis.

Last edited:
I'm a advocate of dewalt as all my cordless are dewalt. My mixer is a 230v mega mixer though. I don't do any site work so generally always have a 230 socket nearby. I don't need a second mixer for adhesive. It was cheaper than the cordless and I don't have any battery issues. I have used my mates dewalt and as impressed as I am I would say the mega had more oomph. Its massively convenient to not have a cable to manage. Depends on your view on cost as to what you need.

I saw a cordless mixer in Lidl yesterday. £50 body only, not sure how much the battery and charger would be but it won’t be dewalt prices that’s for sure.

i wouldnt bother pal....... yes cordless is more handy until the batteries start failing and you have to make a choice of buying new batteries or buying a new drill coz your old one is out dated..personally i'd keep all electric , anything over 1400w is ample , we have two drills ( mega mixer for dirty women and a 1300w fox for mot n grab )
mega mixers were built to last us day in day out , there's that many tools nowadays have you noticed they have to make vans bigger......more tools than needed....just my opinion though..having said that if a plasterer had won the lottery and said to me " here you are pal , you can have this dewalt cordless mixer" then i'd snap his arm off at the tennis elbow ...

I've never tried the cordless (I do use the 230v DeWalt).

General consensus on the cordless DeWalt seems to be that it's great for skim, but can struggle knocking up dab. I don't know if anyone's tried a smaller diameter paddle with dab.

If you only rarely knock up dab, then I guess you could buy a cheap 230v mixer for that, and use a cordless DeWalt for all your multi, on an everyday basis.
Iv got a dewalt battery, Iv used it to knock up lime render this week, no hassle. Iv never known it to struggle with dab either

i wouldnt bother pal....... yes cordless is more handy until the batteries start failing and you have to make a choice of buying new batteries or buying a new drill coz your old one is out dated..personally i'd keep all electric , anything over 1400w is ample , we have two drills ( mega mixer for dirty women and a 1300w fox for mot n grab )
mega mixers were built to last us day in day out , there's that many tools nowadays have you noticed they have to make vans bigger......more tools than needed....just my opinion though..having said that if a plasterer had won the lottery and said to me " here you are pal , you can have this dewalt cordless mixer" then i'd snap his arm off at the tennis elbow ...
Mines 4+ years old now still on it’s original batteries going strong easily still get 25 bags to a full charge… dab it works fine but you need a positive paddle… they’re £600 ffs not 6k!! Mixed up day in day out 6-7 bags a day

So I finally switched to dewalt cordless one, 2 weeks now and I can't see ever going back to normal mixers

Attachments

• IMG-20220918-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220918-WA0000.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 127
I keep looking at them but with me being on the wrong side of 50 nearly 60 it’s not worth it.I’ve got better things to spend my money on!
I will keep plugging a lead in!
That's exactly where I'm at. Although I might think differently when we start a big three storey place in a couple of weeks.

Surely getting older is thee perfect reason to get a cordless? I’m approaching 50 and I wouldn’t have anything else