control suction on breeze blocks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyboy

Hi chaps i was wondering if you need to dampen breezeblock walls down with water , primer or renderaid prior to putting on webber ocr thanks

dont render on **** blocks is what they will say , then they will reccomend there most expensive product :RpS_sneaky:

You will be ok on 7 newton block but I would probably fully mesh and the usual stress patches. Dampen down? It would have be very dry block and summer weather to tempt me to wet it down?

If you do then lightly. Flood it and you will find water seeps out on the horizontal joints. If you want to give it a good drink then do it the night before but at 15mm thick I would leave it.

The best advice I was given was a layer of building paper followed by mesh stops all suction and no cracking at all as its created that barrier but so solid with the mesh

Fixed by nails / spit gun/ screws and penny washers does take time but that is in the small print from durrox on rendering on a 3.5 nt block

s

would be happy to go with galv eml ? and 2 or 3 coat render after
Thats would be fine for either, normally 2 coat is sufficient but they suggested the building paper to prevent the cracking either way as its a high suction block and as below 7nt

s

would be happy to go with galv eml ? and 2 or 3 coat render after

architect spec'd this on a job my mate did, but surely when it delaminates (as it does) it's a 'floating' render ?, sounds blown etc

Eml'd a painted brickwork house last year (customers budget) and it's still there, sounds hollow but just a couple of minor hairlines

Status
Not open for further replies.