Constant search for perfection

Members online

Sometime i hate being there when its drying as i always pull bits. But thens its painted and painters are complementing hoew good it was to paint. .
Did some at home with medi and wasnt 100 percent happy. Was gonna give it a rub but thought f**k it i.ll paint it. All painted and put light on it and cant see f**k all.think we can be to picky at times

Though i will say my paintings dog shite and can see where fucki g dogs have scratched it jumping up at window

I think we all judge ourselves harshly, We can only do our best, at the end of the day it’s a trowel not a wand
I can absolutely guarantee that you're wrong. Most spreads most definitely do not judge themselves harshly. I can also tell you that the vast majority of spreads are, what I consider, substandard.
Rough trades very rarely realise let alone admit that they're rough. That goes for all the different trades as well.

I can absolutely guarantee that you're wrong. Most spreads most definitely do not judge themselves harshly. I can also tell you that the vast majority of spreads are, what I consider, substandard.
Rough trades very rarely realise let alone admit that they're rough. That goes for all the different trades as well.

Exactly this. I’m only winding gps up but spreads who never have problems are just rough and don’t know it.

f**k**g hate it when a customer says ‘oh and the wall just needs a quick skim’ no such f**k**g thing. Have been tempted to put it on and just leave it though

Who struggles with this?

I am never 100% happy with my plastering even though 9 times out of 10 it is Bob on but I always find something I am not happy with and it niggles away at me.

Who struggles with it! Danny, I drive myself insane with it either my plastering or stonework. I've fell out with a few people when working with me because I have tunnel vision of what I think it should be to what others do. TBH though, once the walls are painted and looked at once or twice after completion, they never get a second look again unless the work is horrendous and catches your eye.

Who struggles with it! Danny, I drive myself insane with it either my plastering or stonework. I've fell out with a few people when working with me because I have tunnel vision of what I think it should be to what others do. TBH though, once the walls are painted and looked at once or twice after completion, they never get a second look again unless the work is horrendous and catches your eye.
Both me and Ni are like this, honestly if you heard the stuff/small details we argue about you’d think we were mad . Maybe it’s why we never found an apprentice and now never want one!

I used to be an out n out perfectionist. Beat myself up over the slightest detail. Still moments of that, buy I'm slot more real these days. I allow myself to make mistakes x

Not a truer words spoken, no one's perfect and your always learning every wall job is different, fella learnt with first thing he said "been doing this 30 years your always learning from it making mistakes here and there is apart of it

Both me and Ni are like this, honestly if you heard the stuff/small details we argue about you’d think we were mad .

Maybe it’s why we never found an apprentice and now never want one!

Thinking of taking one on myself but these young lads today arent shaped up for it. Insaying that, i try and help few older ones out aswell, but then they think they are worth more than what they can produce then theres abit of a tense atmosphere. They also dont like being told what to do ive noticed more than the younger lads. They seem forget theres a No1 and No2s in a work environment and im the one who creates all the work, provides all the tools, van, insurance and deals with all the shite with clients etc... In saying that, there was one who was excellent, always on the job, didnt mind if we were there an extar hour or two some days because he knows hed get it handy on other days. He works away now for better money.

Thinking of taking one on myself but these young lads today arent shaped up for it. Insaying that, i try and help few older ones out aswell, but then they think they are worth more than what they can produce then theres abit of a tense atmosphere. They also dont like being told what to do ive noticed more than the younger lads. They seem forget theres a No1 and No2s in a work environment and im the one who creates all the work, provides all the tools, van, insurance and deals with all the shite with clients etc... In saying that, there was one who was excellent, always on the job, didnt mind if we were there an extar hour or two some days because he knows hed get it handy on other days. He works away now for better money.
I think everyone’s just searching for a younger version of themselves which makes it so difficult. Absolutely depends on the kids upbringing I think. And then eventually they will all leave (the good ones)

.... so you end up looking for someone with the qualities you want, keen, grafter, able to think, reliable etc etc but at the same time you don’t want them too bright so to speak, as the ones with more get up and go are the ones who want to chase opportunities or go on their own...... catch 22.

I think everyone’s just searching for a younger version of themselves which makes it so difficult. Absolutely depends on the kids upbringing I think. And then eventually they will all leave (the good ones)

.... so you end up looking for someone with the qualities you want, keen, grafter, able to think, reliable etc etc but at the same time you don’t want them too bright so to speak, as the ones with more get up and go are the ones who want to chase opportunities or go on their own...... catch 22.

100% true. Dont get me wrong i was a little f**k*r when i was young. My parents had to trail me out of bed to get me to work. I f**k**g hated it. As long as i had money for a carryout and gear at the wknd, thats all that mattered and i could get that elsewhere. My parents provided me with a roof over my head, food, heating and holidays away etc.. so why would i want to spend time in the freezing cold, stinking and balls shriveled up like peanuts when i was well looked after by my parents. Although as soon s i was f**k*d out into the big world, i soon realised i needed to shape up.

Im a leader and always have been. Im always creating things around me, have did since i was young even when i was living in my parents house. Like you say, if we do get one with the same mentality, as soon as they get the confidence they can do what we can do, they are away competing against you lol. Its a catch 22 alright.