Competition Time

Members online

No members online now.
Old Plasterer told me if you want to be fast don't focus on moving faster, focus on not wasting motions. Never walk up or down the stairs empty handed, and don't forget you can learn something from anyone... especially the idiots. :hueco:

Wise old man. He also said plaster done well is poetry in motion. 70 yr old who could work circles around everyone else.

Old Plasterer told me if you want to be fast don't focus on moving faster, focus on not wasting motions. Never walk up or down the stairs empty handed, and don't forget you can learn something from anyone... especially the idiots. :hueco:

Wise old man. He also said plaster done well is poetry in motion. 70 yr old who could work circles around everyone else.

Great advice, exactly what I was taught. The fastest plasterers move the slowest

So as you are all aware now I’m a moderator, taking some of the stress off @Danny as our daily post count is really rocketing lately, we’r swamped under with new member activations and marketing meetings etc.

So, up for grabs (thanks for mike @ Nela) is the new nela corner trowel. Available in 90 or or 103 degrees. I don’t want to tell you how to plaster but if you know your s**t you’ll have the 103.

so how do you win it?

When you was taught to plaster you got lots of advice and tips. Was there a bit of advice that didn’t make sense at the time but years later it did?

Best story wins

@ChrispyUK will select a winner

Good luck guys
One bit of advice my old gaffer give me back in the day was don't be greedy always give back a luck penny at the end of a job it always comes back he said ,it didn't make any sense to me at the time but even now coming up on 29 years later I still give back a 50 on the final payment most of my work is got through word of mouth so maybe he had a point

My lords, ladies and gentlemen...
tackers, dabbers, lurkers, shirkers, bitches of the bucket...and Zombie. :coffe:

It was an honour to be asked to choose tonights winner in the 2018 Nela corner trowel awards.

It has NOT been easy!
:coffe:

But before announcing tonights winner, I would like to thank Lurpack for organising this event, Mike @ Nela for donating the prize, and Danny for letting us use his shed to host this most prestigious of events. Hopefully it won't rain!

Anyway, without further a do, it gives me great pleasure to announce tonight's winner!

And the winner is...

And the winner is...

from beyond the grave

The winner is Burt Reynolds!!

@Burt Reynolds

My lords, ladies and gentlemen...
tackers, dabbers, lurkers, shirkers, bitches of the bucket...and Zombie. :coffe:

It was an honour to be asked to choose tonights winner in the 2018 Nela corner trowel awards.

It has NOT been easy!

But before announcing tonights winner, I would like to thank Lurpack for organising this event, Mike @ Nela for donating the prize, and Danny for letting us use his shed to host this most prestigious of events. Hopefully it won't rain!

Anyway, without further a do, it gives me great pleasure to announce tonight's winner!

And the winner is...

And the winner is...

from beyond the grave

The winner is Burt Reynolds!!

@Burt Reynolds
Wooooooo

Mike @ nela has been a nightmare to get ahold of because he isn’t a real person. Undeterred, I have the corner trowel in my possession.

Looks a nice bit of kit. Nice flex to it. Looks glued on though rather than riveted. Will let burty do full review when he’s used it x

Attachments

• 554F5A65-A906-4B8E-A091-17B046ADE23A.jpeg
    554F5A65-A906-4B8E-A091-17B046ADE23A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
Mike @ nela has been a nightmare to get ahold of because he isn’t a real person. Undeterred, I have the corner trowel in my possession.

Looks a nice bit of kit. Nice flex to it. Looks glued on though rather than riveted. Will let burty do full review when he’s used it x

Can't wait x