Competition Time

lurpak

So as you are all aware now I’m a moderator, taking some of the stress off @Danny as our daily post count is really rocketing lately, we’r swamped under with new member activations and marketing meetings etc.

So, up for grabs (thanks for mike @ Nela) is the new nela corner trowel. Available in 90 or or 103 degrees. I don’t want to tell you how to plaster but if you know your s**t you’ll have the 103.

so how do you win it?

When you was taught to plaster you got lots of advice and tips. Was there a bit of advice that didn’t make sense at the time but years later it did?

Best story wins

@ChrispyUK will select a winner

Good luck guys

Attachments

Groove37

I said to my old man I wanted to be a plaster he told me don’t be so f**k**g stupid boy get a proper job!!! Wish I took that advice now my body is falling to pieces

Smudger1

Put plenty on your hawk or you'll have one arm bigger thant other !
I learnt the old boy was a lying 2hat ! :coffe:

RobJack

I got told the 6P's from a spread years ago.
Perfect preparation prevents piss poor performance. If the job isn't done right from the start it won't be right at the end.

Wilkie102

Buy a mediflex they said. Work will be gleaming they said. Load of shite. Trying to palm off them shite nela trowels to us f**k**g insult

John j

I could never hear my mentor. Then one day i relised there was a volume button on side of lap top and i could hear mr y tube clear as day. Also wished i never took jobs on in early days when i had no mobile data

paulf

One of the tradesmen were I served my time said I'd never be a plasterer if I lived to be a hundred, well only 50 years to go.

imago

Private Member
Was there a bit of advice that didn’t make sense at the time but years later it did?
Start by presuming that everyone you meet is a cnut. You'll be amazed at how infrequently you're proved wrong. On the few occasions you are, you'll be much happier than if you try it the other way.

So as you are all aware now I’m a moderator, taking some of the stress off @Danny as our daily post count is really rocketing lately, we’r swamped under with new member activations and marketing meetings etc.

So, up for grabs (thanks for mike @ Nela) is the new nela corner trowel. Available in 90 or or 103 degrees. I don’t want to tell you how to plaster but if you know your s**t you’ll have the 103.

so how do you win it?

When you was taught to plaster you got lots of advice and tips. Was there a bit of advice that didn’t make sense at the time but years later it did?

Best story wins

Good luck guys

You're responsible for the majority of the stress Danny's under yer keyunt :lol::lol:

Gurva

wear sunscreen when hot!!wear safety glasses when using grinder!!simple things I chose to ignore and few hospital trips later it’s sunk in,thought I was invincible as a pup back in the day

carys

so how do you win it?

Best story wins

Good luck guys
making your money when young should of taking that advice. Never mind I can take the memory's whith me and win the lotto this Saturday

when I served my time an old plasterer said look son you will never stop serving your time there is always someone will show you a different way or mix to arrive at the same end product, 53 yrs on I realise how right he was and remember, how great you think you are theirs always some one better, end of sermon for tonight. keep your angles straight

John j

Asked how long it takes to get trained . Both plasterers said 10 years . Thought they were joking. Since joining here still only know tip of iceberg

RobJack

Asked how long it takes to get trained . Both plasterers said 10 years . Thought they were joking. Since joining here still only know tip of iceberg
It's a bit like driving. Doesn't take long to pass a test but spend the rest of your life learning to drive

One of the tradesmen were I served my time said I'd never be a plasterer if I lived to be a hundred, well only 50 years to go.
one old guy said to me I would never make a plasterer as long as I had a hole in my arse 53 years on still got a hole in my arse seems like I have waisted my life

paulf

one old guy said to me I would never make a plasterer as long as I had a hole in my arse 53 years on still got a hole in my arse seems like I have waisted my life
A couple of old c**ts that didn't get their hole. Probably dead now, nae luck.