Claiming benefits

Members online

Cheers mate. Been paying tax and class 1 for 30 yrs, class 2 for 2 yrs. Maybe I should burn my passport, get a dinghy from Libya to Greece, turn up in London wearing rags and get myself a nice council house. Seems the way forward...

i am sure once you have paid 30 years of stamps that gives you the basic old age pension and full health cover.
if you carry on paying stamps after 30 years you don't receive any thing extra they just take your money.
you can contact the works and pensions in Belfast to make sure that you are fully paid up.

I don't think it would be fair claiming from the Irish system when I paid my taxes to the British system

I'm pretty sure you couldn't.

If you came back to the Auld Sod and can show intention of permanent residency, then the Irish system is considerably more generous than the English one. Irish dole is £180 a week (I'm assuming that Irish in your case is Bog Irish and not Mick Irish) They don't hassle anyone on the dole here either - or certainly not like they do in UK.

Some good advice above, see what citizens advice say in the meantime.

some odd comments about these lifestyles on the dole. It's about 70 quid a week?
dunno how you get 2 holidays a year on that!
nor would it pay your shopping!

Anyways....
You pay into the system with your stamps so its an entitlement not a benefit, remember that when these sick bastards interview you.
Its your money that you paid and its your right to have it.

Also more good news, look up pensions with hmrc, worked all my life but missed a load of stamps in the 90s and working away chasing work, no pension for me.

What I've found works for me is working away part time at a job, stamp paid etc
And do the tasty plastering jobs on top.
11k tax free so just declare the difference.

Happens us all at some point, you'll see just how cruel and unjust the system is!

Look up I, Daniel Blake.
That's what's ahead of you mate.
Don't let the bastards grind you down

some odd comments about these lifestyles on the dole. It's about 70 quid a week?

Anyways....
You pay into the system with your stamps so its an entitlement not a benefit, remember that when these sick bastards interview you.

Also more good news, look up pensions with hmrc, worked all my life but missed a load of stamps in the 90s and working away chasing work, no pension for me.

Happens us all at some point, you'll see just how cruel and unjust the system is!

Look up I, Daniel Blake.

Jesus Christ, that's one miserable story. It's something an Irishman would write.

Not directly relevant but when he wrote on the side of the building, I was reminded of something a bit more cheerful. There's a farmer who was swizzed by the bank somehow so he took his tractor and covered the bank in s**t, reversed and did it again, maybe a couple of times. The copper didn't stop him and when he parked up, he asked if he was finished.

'I'll have to be,' replied the farmer. 'I've run out of s**t.'
This is the incident, but he doesn't mention that bit.

Anyways....

Look up I, Daniel Blake.
Well if that doesn't cheer him up.....

If you got a nice bank account i.d give that to someone to look after as well as they will make you use that first .
Only country your bank will reposses your house then goverment will pay more for your rent