Cheap brush dear brush

Members online

John j

Mono Don
What do you guys use . I just use the 89p one's from Home bargains . Just buy ten every time I.m down to last 2 . Are the 20/ 30 quid brush really worth it

Tell you what @John j is a breath of fresh for best threads started over the last few weeks :hola:

Saves me starting them all the time :chica:

I picked up a 10 set of yellow Harris brushes on offer from where all the turds go, shitty b@q the other week, 10/10 so far :llorando:

I use the 4inch yellow ones, pva with them first to loosen the bristles up so they hold more water. s**t at first. Anybody use them sponge floats or spray bottles? You still need your brush to clean your trowel and angles so they seem like time wasted to me chopping and changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a massive old artex brush for all my work........holds about a gallon of water for splashing on walls etc, and is fantastic for brushing in the edges and corners......:D

I used one of these till the bristles all fell out and I never replaced it.

Kraft Tool PL101 Regular Dutch Brush, 4-1/8-Inch Bristle Length, 7-1 5/8-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TBKOB0K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_tMbCzbGF4PBZM

Now I just use this instead and a small paintbrush for corner touch ups.

Bon 13-113 Blister Felt Brush https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MWL3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_pObCzbYDZ7VFF

A final wet mop with this also leaves a very consistent matte finish for the painters but most of my stuff is tinted so I don't have painters following me and don't bother. Let the plaster shine!

I used one of these till the bristles all fell out and I never replaced it.

Kraft Tool PL101 Regular Dutch Brush, 4-1/8-Inch Bristle Length, 7-1 5/8-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TBKOB0K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_tMbCzbGF4PBZM

Now I just use this instead and a small paintbrush for corner touch ups.

Bon 13-113 Blister Felt Brush https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MWL3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_pObCzbYDZ7VFF

A final wet mop with this also leaves a very consistent matte finish for the painters but most of my stuff is tinted so I don't have painters following me and don't bother. Let the plaster shine!
What's tinted . Should of never have joined this site I know nothing

What's tinted . Should of never have joined this site I know nothing

I usually add tint to my plaster to give it the color the client wants so there is no need to paint. (The plaster here in the states is white so that makes it a little easier.)

Here is an example of what I mean. Hope the color shows up. It's a light aqua/teal color irl. I call this a "lace texture." (Not too be confused with a stucco lace texture, totally different look) Also heard it called a water texture.

20170320_190716.jpg 20170319_221232.jpg

I usually add tint to my plaster to give it the color the client wants so there is no need to paint. (The plaster here in the states is white so that makes it a little easier.)

Here is an example of what I mean. Hope the color shows up. It's a light aqua/teal color irl. I call this a "lace texture." (Not too be confused with a stucco lace texture, totally different look) Also heard it called a water texture.

View attachment 18766 View attachment 18767
No need to paint.plaster looks b*ll***s unpainted ,tint or no tint.
Seen a few,,,,dust sticks to it.
Anything hits unpainted plaster will stain it and they are f******

No need to paint.plaster looks b*ll***s unpainted ,tint or no tint.
Seen a few,,,,dust sticks to it.
Anything hits unpainted plaster will stain it and they are f******
On this job they have painted it plastercolour. I went up stairs and though wow that's most evenly dried plaster ever then realised it was the colour . I.ll take some pics if I go back but it was kicking of between customer n builder so we.ll see

@Donzo

Gotta disagree with you friend. Done a lot of sq ft of tinted plaster with great results sealed and unsealed. It cleans up fine and since color is solid through the finish is more durable than a thin film of paint if it gets hit. Have pics to back it up. The effect you get with tinted plaster can't be duplicated with paint. Even done it for backsplashes in kitchen and baths and can even do it in showers and for exterior but sealing it is a good idea there I'll grant you that.

As far as dust sticking to it how is that different from a flat paint? Dust sticks to that like crazy too and yet that's a standard finish for lots of surfaces.

@Donzo

Gotta disagree with you friend. Done a lot of sq ft of tinted plaster with great results sealed and unsealed. It cleans up fine and since color is solid through the finish is more durable than a thin film of paint if it gets hit. Have pics to back it up. The effect you get with tinted plaster can't be duplicated with paint. Even done it for backsplashes in kitchen and baths and can even do it in showers and for exterior but sealing it is a good idea there I'll grant you that.

As far as dust sticking to it how is that different from a flat paint? Dust sticks to that like crazy too and yet that's a standard finish for lots of surfaces.
Done a house years ago,,,went back to do another room,,they hadn't painted it.it had a film of dust all over it,,,
Aint for me unpainted plaster.
Don't think unpainted plaster will go mainstream.

@Donzo

Didn't you say you use white plaster In states though . Might be more suited

@John j

Correct about out plaster here being white'ish'. I wouldn't call it totally white but close enough to be a good palette for tint. I've also made my own finish with 50/50 autoclaved lime and gauging plaster. That finishes very silky and white but you need to go over base coat for that.

IMG_1127.JPG
I've used these stock brushes for years.Tried all other types but keep coming back to them.Only €5.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
I’m a spray bottle man and have it set to minimal water, little paint brush for angles but always a Harris one so bristles don’t fall out, decent dustpan brush does wonders for cleaning bucket and tools- wurth do great ones, got job lot of them on eBay few years back so just go through them as I need em.

I use a massive old artex brush for all my work........holds about a gallon of water for splashing on walls etc, and is fantastic for brushing in the edges and corners......:D
Why would you splash a wall with a gallon of water?