caulking blade

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
new to the forum ......hi everyone..
i am a self taught plasterer after being an atrexer / taper for years ....
any ways just want to know if any 1 else has ever used a caulking blade instead of a trowel? ive done full houses with m8s who are very good platerers and from what i can see my finish is just as good if not better and more importantly quicker with my plastic caulking blade ..... only down side is if it goes a bit hard i need to get the trowel into it but apart from that it polishes up great and the lines come out it much easier .... just have to keep rubbing my caulk down with a bit of wet and dry to take the scratches out it .... what do you guys think ?

new to the forum ......hi everyone..
i am a self taught plasterer after being an atrexer / taper for years ....
any ways just want to know if any 1 else has ever used a caulking blade instead of a trowel? ive done full houses with m8s who are very good platerers and from what i can see my finish is just as good if not better and more importantly quicker with my plastic caulking blade ..... only down side is if it goes a bit hard i need to get the trowel into it but apart from that it polishes up great and the lines come out it much easier .... just have to keep rubbing my caulk down with a bit of wet and dry to take the scratches out it .... what do you guys think ?

I think you're taking the piss. Funny though.

Well, i believe you. BUT seeing as i'm also an artexer and i've used a caulking board for years, i can't ever see me actually polishing a ceiling or a wall with one. Also you won't be able to load up a wee caulking board/blade like you can with a trowel!!!

As you were! LOL

when im doing ceilings i load a bucket up and put it on the top of the steps and just go up with my scraper and caulk ..... no need to go up and down with hawks full of plaster,..... i havent seen finish done better than my work ... seen it as good but not better ...
can get a much thicker coat on with a caulk .... and cause its plastic it seems to dry a bit quicker .... some times over troweling makes it too wet etc ..... caulks are the way forward .. keep a standard size 1 for laying on ... and got a 12 inch for polishing ....

Now I recognise you.

14773b2971c73b-43.-Pinocchio.jpg

It would be possible to do but yer havin a laaaaarf ain't ya:RpS_laugh:
Got any videos as proof??:RpS_lol:

dunno why yous are not beliving it or dissing it .... ive got far to good a rep to be doin a sub standard job .....hell its only plaster ... slap it on ... play about with it then ploish it off .... does it really matter what tool i use to do it>? ... god ive seen people use plastic signs to polish off finish

laugh all yous want ... but in scotland i know plenty of plasterers who have hit hard times with lack of work out there ... but i must be doin sumfin right cause i could fill 6 days a week just now

Aye i bet you could fill 6 days a week. It would take you that with your caulking blade :RpS_laugh:

Whereaboots in Scotland are you from wee man?

Status
Not open for further replies.