Can you put Alpine finish over existing alpine?

Members online

lp78

Hi.
I have just had a garage conversion done and my house is an alpine finish, the plasterer recommended patching in the areas best he could but has said he may be able to over lay the hole area (please see picture) if he puts on a coat of sbr!!!
My question is will alpine stick over alpine of is he best going with original plan and just patch the area in?
Thank for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG-20190601-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20190601-WA0016.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG-20190601-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20190601-WA0012.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 343
If it is painted? Parinter by parex designed to go over painted surfaces but I'd pin and mesh it all too just to be extra safe (y)

Is it painted? As above use Parex Parinter then Alpine.

If its not then clean your existing alpine with a fungicide. You may be able to then sbr it and go over it. If you are skeptical then give it a thin coat system then Alpine.

Patching it in will look naff.

I believe it has been painted yes.
What is the thin coat if system please? And will any fungicide do the job?
And thank you all for the advice,
Much appreciated

Parex Parinter will go over most paints. Wash the wall down because dirt gets into the texture. Probably best mesh it all. Let dry then Webers primer and Alpine.

Thanks for the help everyone, I will pass this on and hopefully go over the whole lot as I'm really not keen in a patch up job.
Thanks again

Sorry, last question, is this the primer to put over the old stuff?
Then apply new alpine finish over the lot?
Tia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190709-202748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-202748_Chrome.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 303
Sorry, last question, is this the primer to put over the old stuff?
Then apply new alpine finish over the lot?
Tia

I cant see it coz it only gives me the top half of the picture. But I think its 310?

I think its watered down sbr.

So would it be ok to clean, put sbr with cement mix on as a primer and put a coat of alpine over the top of that?
Oh and tes it is Weber 310...

So it was just a case of the rendergrip and alpine over the whole lot yeah?
If your still struggling/unsure? Get a local rep out from Weber or Parex or Fassa who can advise a complete system so your covered rather than a bit if this followed by bit of that etc. Any competent renderer should know how to sort your job out to be fair. Try googling some local ones and check out their work websites etc. Best of luck

So would it be ok to clean, put sbr with cement mix on as a primer and put a coat of alpine over the top of that?
Oh and tes it is Weber 310...
Sbr 1:1 water or weber 310. Think it even said in a weber book you can use sbr as an alternative.

I hate alpen too many raisins I used to sit there for ages picking them out before I introduced the milk!