Calories Per Day

Vincey

Private Member
Been trying to kind of work this out for an average day at work, some body builder types on here I thought might know , how many calories do you think we use per day plastering bearing in mind loading gear , doing the work and all the walking round etc , I read phelps the Olympic swimmer used to eat 10,000 calories for breakfast before he started morning training session,

I'm guessing we must be at around 5000 easy

5000 and below i would thought and thats for grafting. Not to eat empty calories that is foods that give you no nutritional value. Slow release carbs and protein where you should be getting calories from

Most people calorie intake around 2500 I think, everyone's engine is different metabolism burning at different speeds. I've got a fast metabolism and probably burn a lot of calories, when I was pumping iron I was probably eating around 5000 a day and that was enough to bulk me up (so I can't of been burning more than that) if you are at a consistent weight or losing weight obviously you are in calorific deficit. I actually don't know how many as an average we would be burning off though!

Been trying to kind of work this out for an average day at work, some body builder types on here I thought might know , how many calories do you think we use per day plastering bearing in mind loading gear , doing the work and all the walking round etc , I read phelps the Olympic swimmer used to eat 10,000 calories for breakfast before he started morning training session,

I'm guessing we must be at around 5000 easy

If he had 10 k calories for his breakfast he wouldn't be able to move never mind owt else. Arctic explorers aim for about 5 to 6k calories a day.

Not many if you do domestics. Price work house bashing different kettle of fish

I would be surprised if it was more than 3.5k calories per day. Running for an hour will only burn between 400\ 600 depending on how fast you are going

It all depends as there are so many variables to consider . A calorie is just a unit of energy and it depends on from where you are getting yours and how much muscle you carry .You would be surprised how little calories you use at work (we all know or have worked with a fat spread) So the more muscle you carry the more calories required to fuel and help the muscles recover . Listen to your body it will let you know when it needs more .Average man needs 2500 cals a day .

Think you need a few calories as fuel, then protein for recovery. A good diet aids ability.
Tip for the day.......
When you're working hard, not refuelling through the day, and you get that flagging feeling......my latest fad for instant energy that doesn't spike insulin is a banana and peanut butter sarnie........chew slowly, ...wash down with a cuppa and boom! Rocket fuel.

I'm on a mainly vegan diet at the moment but sometimes my body just craves some filth like a Big Mac, a banana or some fruit normally kills it, a bit of natural sugar I suppose? Can't stop eating, it's like no matter how much fruit or veg or nuts I eat it's not enough and I'm drinking green tea and fruit tea perhaps two or three pints of that a day and extra water aswell

I'm on a mainly vegan diet at the moment but sometimes my body just craves some filth like a Big Mac, a banana or some fruit normally kills it, a bit of natural sugar I suppose? Can't stop eating, it's like no matter how much fruit or veg or nuts I eat it's not enough and I'm drinking green tea and fruit tea perhaps two or three pints of that a day and extra water aswell
Watch out for vitamin b deficiency, my daughter is on a similar diet and is diagnose deficient. Red meat is a good source ( she hates it), she will have injections for the time being.
Take care, given your recent history.

Watch out for vitamin b deficiency, my daughter is on a similar diet and is diagnose deficient. Red meat is a good source ( she hates it), she will have injections for the time being.
Take care, given your recent history.
I've got supplements and not 100% vegan I just describe it as predominantly plant based at the moment, I had a lovely steak and kidney pie last night washed down with a beautiful cold pint of Guinness, lovely meal in a little village pub on Dartmoor (y)

I think that is called carb loading, athletes do it for increased energy. Eat loads of carbohydrates for a while and your body stores energy somehow, guys used to do it down at the gym eat s**t loads of carbs then try and lift a personal best .

I dont think you burn as many calories as you'd like to think...
I only have 3 reasonable meals a day and obviously I'm eating WAY more calories than I'm burning :(

I dont think you burn as many calories as you'd like to think...
I only have 3 reasonable meals a day and obviously I'm eating WAY more calories than I'm burning :(
You've also got to think about the age factor. When you're young your metabolism is much faster/quicker. You had more energy then and what with the work being more labour intensive the weight stayed down.

Heart rate, weight, age, where you're getting calories from etc all factor in. There is a formula that you can chuck all of that into and you will know how many calories you require just to function, loose weight, gain weight. I reckon a spread that's not chasing his arse burns 3000 if the average is 2500.

You've also got to think about the age factor. When you're young your metabolism is much faster/quicker. You had more energy then and what with the work being more labour intensive the weight stayed down.
You can not out work a poor diet .

We all have the power to change our bodies and influence our future health .There is a point in life where you start to grow week and your body will begin to break down and fail. This is called your death span as opposed to life span .It just means how long it will take you to die from the point of when you stop getting stronger and illness free . This can be measured in years , months . days or hours .Its never to late to try and affect this so stay strong brothers .Old age does not have to be a miserable painful experience .

Think you need a few calories as fuel, then protein for recovery. A good diet aids ability.
Tip for the day.......
When you're working hard, not refuelling through the day, and you get that flagging feeling......my latest fad for instant energy that doesn't spike insulin is a banana and peanut butter sarnie........chew slowly, ...wash down with a cuppa and boom! Rocket fuel.
Addicted to banana and peanut butter sandwiches now! Brown bread and a generous helping of honey slopped all over it!

Addicted to banana and peanut butter sandwiches now! Brown bread and a generous helping of honey slopped all over it!
Welcome to the club! ......poached eggs and porridge for brekky.......sarnies for lunch......narna and peanut butter on ryvita in the afternoon.........sizzlin steak for me tea.....food of the gods!!
Plenty of good protein and calories....(y)

I smell like I've got a rotting skunk up my ass after all the fruit and veg and stuff I've eaten this week :rayos:

Welcome to the club! ......poached eggs and porridge for brekky.......sarnies for lunch......narna and peanut butter on ryvita in the afternoon.........sizzlin steak for me tea.....food of the gods!!
Plenty of good protein and calories....(y)

that does sound pretty good :D

You can not out work a poor diet .
Quite agree. I'm probably healthier than I was 20 years ago. Still go to the gym but don't eat junk food and don't drink during the week. I'm a stone lighter and no longer get the back problems.

That doesn't say anything about 10000 cal breakfast.

They do mention cyclists eating 10k before the tour de france but they deliberately get a little bit fat because there's not enough time to eat enough during the race.

I call bullshit.

Royal Marines in training eat 5000 cal and they are encouraged to eat pies and chips and Haribo. Anything for the energy.

The Rock famously eats 5000 and he gets up at 4am so he has enough time to eat it all.

Calorie counting = big lot of s**t. Just eat proper food and not crisps and pies and it all pans out right in the end.

DWAYNE JOHNSON'S DIET
Meal 1
  • 10 oz cod
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 2 cups oatmeal
Meal 2
  • 8 oz cod
  • 12 oz sweet potato
  • 1 cup veggies
Meal 3
  • 8 oz chicken
  • 2 cups white rice
  • 1 cup veggies
Meal 4
  • 8 oz cod
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1 cup veggies
  • 1 tbsp fish oil
Meal 5
  • 8 oz steak
  • 12 oz baked potato
  • spinach salad
Meal 6
  • 10 oz cod
  • 2 cups rice
  • salad
Meal 7
  • 30 grams casein protein
  • 10 egg-white omelet
  • 1 cup veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms)
  • 1 tbsp omega-3 fish oil
NOTES

They do mention cyclists eating 10k before the tour de france but they deliberately get a little bit fat because there's not enough time to eat enough during the race.

I call bullshit.

Royal Marines in training eat 5000 cal and they are encouraged to eat pies and chips and Haribo. Anything for the energy.

The Rock famously eats 5000 and he gets up at 4am so he has enough time to eat it all.

Calorie counting = big lot of s**t. Just eat proper food and not crisps and pies and it all pans out right in the end.

DWAYNE JOHNSON'S DIET
Meal 1
  • 10 oz cod
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 2 cups oatmeal
Meal 2
  • 8 oz cod
  • 12 oz sweet potato
  • 1 cup veggies
Meal 3
  • 8 oz chicken
  • 2 cups white rice
  • 1 cup veggies
Meal 4
  • 8 oz cod
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1 cup veggies
  • 1 tbsp fish oil
Meal 5
  • 8 oz steak
  • 12 oz baked potato
  • spinach salad
Meal 6
  • 10 oz cod
  • 2 cups rice
  • salad
Meal 7
  • 10 egg-white omelet
NOTES
I did get facts wrong on the article mate it was 10,000 per day not for breakfast

I call bullshit.

DWAYNE JOHNSON'S DIET
Meal 1
  • 10 oz cod
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 2 cups oatmeal
Meal 2
  • 8 oz cod
  • 12 oz sweet potato
  • 1 cup veggies
Meal 3
  • 8 oz chicken
  • 2 cups white rice
  • 1 cup veggies
Meal 4
  • 8 oz cod
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1 cup veggies
  • 1 tbsp fish oil
Meal 5
  • 8 oz steak
  • 12 oz baked potato
  • spinach salad
Meal 6
  • 10 oz cod
  • 2 cups rice
  • salad
Meal 7
  • 10 egg-white omelet
NOTES
Where's the muffing protein ? Giving big licks is protien right??