Bucket trowel problems ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyd

I started my apprenticeship a few months ago and it's going ok. But one repeated problem I'm having which seems incredibly easy to everybody else is cleaning round the edge of the skimming bucket whilst mixing up?. My boss is forever saying I'm doing it wrong can anyone tell me what it should look like or tips on how to do it ?? And is it only me makeing a really basic error , or is my boss really fussy about it? I know it's the basics of the basics but if I could have some advice on what i could be doing wrong??? The angle of the bucket trowel ? Thanks Tom
i apologise if I have posted this twice I wasn't sure if the other post went through :confused:

Hiya

Ok I while spinning up the aim is to get the crap thats stuck to the side of the bucket mixed in :) I just scrape round ... normally with the whisk still spinning and it all kinder folds into the middle I also get a wet brush and clean round the rim :RpS_blushing: of the bucket and this stops any unmixed dust getting in the mix when tipping out :)

I also make sure the outside of the bucket is reasonably clean :)

Your boss is meant to bust your balls its way it goes :) Lap it up and enjoy it it will make your life easier if you enjoy the beastings :)

While the mixing scrape around the edge of the bucket with the bucket trowel also go down the stem of the whisk to get at the in mixed lumps also make sure you get deep in to the Conners of the bucket as when I was learning I left dry skin at the bottom which my boss broke my balls about cause it was dragging through his wall apart from that all the best!

Before you mix wet the whole bucket in, stops the crap initially just setting to the side. You getting right down to the bottom to dig out any stuck crap in the bottom edge?

If so probably just an arse!

Ask your boss if he's got a pressure washer at home, It's a well known trick used by many plasterers all over the uk & most building sites have one in the compound.
What you do is use the pressure washer & give it a light blast around the edges of the bucket this cleans the sides & forces the bits into the mix in seconds, your boss will love you for this, plus you can clean his van with it etc :RpS_thumbup:
He will know this trick but he just hasn't told you yet :RpS_wink:

Don't delay ask him today :RpS_thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks for that mate that could help me a lot I have never seen that before . I will ask him about it hopefully that will keep him of my back for a bit haha thanks for that

Thanks mate I do normally wet the bucket etc , I always think I'm getting to the bottom but he seems to say I'm doing it wrong haha ,does it make a difference if it's being tipped onto a spot board or if you work straight out the bucket? Because he works straight out the bucket so I try and keep edges clean anyway??

and tell your boss if he cant be bothered to show you he can go fuk himself :RpS_biggrin: let us know how that goes

If he's constantly telling you your doing it wrong, maybe you should ask him what your doing wrong and if he could show you what he means, under normal circumstances you would start mix, scrape the edges in and carry on mixing it, not sure how you can get that wrong tbh

Just mix it up as usual. Then if he moans point into the bucket and say "what the hell is that!" in a loud and surprised voice. When he looks in spin the mixer up full chat and cover the **** in skim. Point out that it seems to be mixed well enough to stick to him, and tell him to do the fcuker himself from now on. Then walk off laughing and get another job.

The thing that you and he need to remember is that you're there to learn. If he's not showing you what to do and giving the reasons why then you're not learning, you're just a low paid labourer.

Winding up apprentices and giving them a hard time here and there is fine. Being a w4nker and not teaching them a trade isn't.

Stop the drill before you scrape the inside of the bucket, as this can be dangerous and you could hurt yourself if you catch the whisk with your trowel. :)

Tommytipee do you need your bot bot and your nappy changed ? or just say "SHOW ME HOW YOU WANT ME TO DO IT " Then see how the fcuk he wants it.. keep the Forum posted..:RpS_thumbsup:

Never thought about mixing in a fresh log. That would teach him a lesson (because if he isn't showing you how to mix up he deserves it).

Wonder if it would cause it to set slower :RpS_biggrin:

If he's really getting on your back just chuck a few specs of grit at his wall before his final trowel it will ruin his day like he has yours prior ;)

Tommytipee do you need your bot bot and your nappy changed ? or just say "SHOW ME HOW YOU WANT ME TO DO IT " Then see how the fcuk he wants it.. keep the Forum posted..:RpS_thumbsup:
Do you want your face face smashed in ? ******* keyboard warrior , I came on this site for advice , not to talk to big times like you ******* f****t

Do you want your face face smashed in ? ******* keyboard warrior , I came on this site for advice , not to talk to big times like you ******* f****t

Jeez! :RpS_scared: Where did that come from?

I think someone needs a time out on the naughty step!

@Tommyd listen bud. I admire you have been honest from the start.your an apprentice and are struggling with some basics. O here people will take the piss. Get used to it. It's far softer on here than it is on some building sites. Don't be put off by any of it. You will get a thicker skin over time

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate if your biting like that, not being able to scrape th'edges ert bucket properly are the least of your worries. You'll be knocking big macs out by easter.

I half suspect the boss is winding him up anyway I mean scraping the bucket ain't rocket science is it.

Mate if your biting like that, not being able to scrape th'edges ert bucket properly are the least of your worries. You'll be knocking big macs out by easter.

Or eating some bird's face off in a bail hostel. Just sayin' :RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.