Bored of drinking

Members online

I've not touched a drop 3 weeks yesterday. I know I've cracked it. just need to alter my diet as been a bit bunged up so to speak :rayos: bit more fibre intake methinks?? or vindaloo diet??
We should go out and get pissed to celebrate (y)

Fair play to u mate. Don't think I could go 3 weeks (y)

Well done mate think you been quiet refreshing opening up as you seem a mans man and someone who says it how it is, first month always gonna be hard i don't find giving up booze hard although I have weeks where I would drink everyday,gonna pack fags up I'm only 33 and didn't start til I was 23 in between that I gave up for 18months then started again like a c**t, hope you can crack it marshy keep safe
I never smoked. Tap tap tap. That's just me tapping myself on the back.

IMG_6346.JPG
I never smoked. Tap tap tap. That's just me tapping myself on the back.
Here's another pat for you

I've not touched a drop 3 weeks yesterday. I know I've cracked it. just need to alter my diet as been a bit bunged up so to speak :rayos: bit more fibre intake methinks?? or vindaloo diet??
Good man marshy your doing a good job....i been tapering for about a week and managed to get hold of some diazipam for any bumps in the road so will be going sober as well tomorrow

After spending one new year in Thailand with the Mrs no new year here has ever been the same its just another day and that night at midnight so many fools saying this year will be my year like they did last year mine will probably be the same plastering more plastering kids money worried about getting paid extra same s**t different year

Well done marshy :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

We'll done.

That's good to hear.

I found what helps, is the money you've not been spending, put aside, and treat yourself.

A subconscious reward.

If not - spend it on your family, either way you'll feel better about it and it'll spur you on.

Again, well done,

Keep going.

Have a good un.

Made a curry for me and Mrs Marshy. On this mulled punch ive got kind of addicted to. But got some fizzy elderflower stuff in fridge what mrs marshy likes. Must admit im not arsed and got a box of beer in the van to give to one of the builders i do alot for next week. I dont have a craving to go out and grab them and drink them myself.
I hope all you chaps have a good one and enjoy yourselves :birra: its a quiet one for me slobbed out on settee watch a film while attacking the cheese and crackers (y)

in all the time i have been on this forum this thread is the most honest sincere one i have read,well done to marshy/squarehead /danny etc for being truthfull,..........at time of writing i too am cutting down on the drink ,knocked a bottle of whiskey back and numerous bottles of wine last week or so ,......starting tomorrow ,after talking openly with my wife ,and being realistic, ...no more pubs on a saturday,...still bottle of wine etc on a friday but slowly gradually move on ,.....also suffering from depression and crohns disease which is giving me a hard time, operation number 6 coming up in next week or so,....sincere i mean sincere best wishes to marshy/danny/squarehead etc etc out who have to face this problem and well done for being so honest and open, this will give encouragement to others who are reading this.

in all the time i have been on this forum this thread is the most honest sincere one i have read,well done to marshy/squarehead /danny etc for being truthfull,..........at time of writing i too am cutting down on the drink ,knocked a bottle of whiskey back and numerous bottles of wine last week or so ,......starting tomorrow ,after talking openly with my wife ,and being realistic, ...no more pubs on a saturday,...still bottle of wine etc on a friday but slowly gradually move on ,.....also suffering from depression and crohns disease which is giving me a hard time, operation number 6 coming up in next week or so,....sincere i mean sincere best wishes to marshy/danny/squarehead etc etc out who have to face this problem and well done for being so honest and open, this will give encouragement to others who are reading this.

Too true :D

I dont have a drink problem though :D Food is my biggest issue :D

Crohns disease I hear is not very nice at all... good luck with that

Don't drink much myself these days however last night I polished off a s**t load of Guinness and me and the misses done in a litre bottle of captain Morgan's. Been in bed all day sick as a c**t. I have that never again feeling and I hope that never again feeling stays with me untill summer. f**k that devil's Juice.

Don't drink much myself these days however last night I polished off a s**t load of Guinness and me and the misses done in a litre bottle of captain Morgan's. Been in bed all day sick as a c**t. I have that never again feeling and I hope that never again feeling stays with me untill summer. f**k that devil's Juice.
Been on the Morgan Stanley spiced for the last few days, as got a couple of litres for xmas. Lovely stuff....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Too true :D

I dont have a drink problem though :D Food is my biggest issue :D

Crohns disease I hear is not very nice at all... good luck with that

Nice one Hector, I hope you stay strong and get through it, day at a time. Talking things over with those in a similar situation is vital. I will always be in recovery but so long as I'm fit enough, the door is open to offer help, pass the message on that there is a life beyond alcohol. Had 3 major bouts of depression, the kind of hit by an asteroid type. Talk to people that understand, ignore the misinformed, take the help that's out there. Godspeed.

Been a big drinker all my life,always worked hard,but always drank to much if I was off at a weekend always spent it rough as f**k.Took me years to realise spending the weekend being ill , it's not worth it ,so for me if I'm off on a weekend now get up cook the kids pancakes,bacon sarnies etc instead lying in bed feeling like s**t I've got loads more energy and a far better person to live with,I still have a drink but know where near what I used to have and it doesn't really bother me if I don't,thought it would do.Always thought getting pissed out of my face was a reward for working hard all week,thinking a bit different these days.

Thankyou Hector. I'm very grateful to everybody who shared their experiences regard the demon drink. I know had I not stopped immediately after mrs marshy exploding in temper finding my hidden stash and an opened can and bottle of wine hidden behind the blinds which I'd forgotten about!?? I'd probably have spent Christmas on my sisters settee and now trying to find somewhere else to live plus having the stomach coughs I developed drinking and generally not being a nice person at all. I stopped for me and my health and what I was doing to my family. there are those who can handle their drink I am one of those who cant. So rather than wallow in self pity making everything worse. must admit @Squarehead has been a massive help behind the scenes and I can't thank him enough. All the best for 2017 mate and plenty of chaps on here on hand to chat to. me for one (y)

I got drunk twice over the festive period, xmas day and Hogmanay and you know I never enjoyed either. Think it's time for me to hit it on the head as it gives me terrible trouble with my stomach and I just don't fancy it anymore. I'm not writing this with a hangover btw.

I got drunk twice over the festive period, xmas day and Hogmanay and you know I never enjoyed either. Think it's time for me to hit it on the head as it gives me terrible trouble with my stomach and I just don't fancy it anymore. I'm not writing this with a hangover btw.
Quite agree I've done many diff pleasures smoking , powders and potions over the years and have got fed up with all and don't see point in doing things you no longer enjoy.
So this year will be money better spent elsewhere and also at 48 am realizing I'm not as bullet proof as I thought I was.

Same here. I kept coughing but a stomach cough and often wretched but nothing came out. it got so bad my eyes would be watering and everything couldn't stop the cough/wretching. That has stopped now thank god

Might sound mad but you all should try it , I get high on plastering, anything I can do to make my days more enjoyable bit strange I know but even a new bucket cheers me up some days

Might sound mad but you all should try it , I get high on plastering, anything I can do to make my days more enjoyable bit strange I know but even a new bucket cheers me up some days

Oh my lord you talk some ballsack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing, absolutely nothing you say can make you sound any madder lol

Keep it up @Marshy .......do it for all those around you.
We all have our foibles, even @Vincey , the secret is managing them. Learn how to remain in control and you will succeed. Practise saying " no"......even in the most benign situations it can be liberating......it reinforces the control you have over your actions.
"Would you like a cuppa?"...... " no"
"Can you do it for less?"........"no"
"Will you be finished for xmas?"....."no"
"Would you like to drink yourself into oblivion, ostracise those you love, and who love you, wake up feeling terrible with mounting health problems and lower self esteem?"........"no"
Keep control mate. You are the boss. Keep smiling.
All the best .