Members online

Bobby chalton
Paul scholes
Jimmy greaves
Steve Gerrard

There others in my opinion

Gazza didn't win f**k all either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scholes and Gerrard better all round players surely, maybe didn't have the flair, but for everything else far better, and far more consistent too.

More consistent only because of gazzas fitness. Scholes incredible and squashed pepper face Gerrard too, but can you see them knocking it over the scots guy head and slotting it in for England. Gazza was the best. Special player.

Maybe not mate, but I'm not overly worried about England (not english) though was happy to see Goram scored past lol. First tournament can properly mind. Mind usa 94 though it was on too late for me back then lol

100% agree with that, also add 'Cliff Jones' as best winger, 'John White' aka 'The Ghost' also 'Blanchflower'. We have had some brilliant players over the years.

But the best player I have ever seen play in a Spurs shirt is Hoddle, his skillset was ridiculous.

Hoddle the most technically gifted player I've ever seen. He came to Swindon when I was 19 and was following home and away with the lads. He played sweeper and organised us to go up to premier in a playoff final in which he scored. 3 nil up against Leicester, 3-3 and we scored a penalty to win 4-3. I ended up dancing on the roof of the town centre library that night. The town just erupted. I remember Jimmy hill saying on match of the day that during that season the best football being played in the country wasn't being played in the premier but in the championship at Swindon under Glen hoddle. Glen hoddle God. On yer knees, we are not worthy...That lob.

Paul Gascoigne
Hoddle the most technically gifted player I've ever seen. He came to Swindon when I was 19 and was following home and away with the lads. He played sweeper and organised us to go up to premier in a playoff final in which he scored. 3 nil up against Leicester, 3-3 and we scored a penalty to win 4-3. I ended up dancing on the roof of the town centre library that night. The town just erupted. I remember Jimmy hill saying on match of the day that during that season the best football being played in the country wasn't being played in the premier but in the championship at Swindon under Glen hoddle. Glen hoddle God. On yer knees, we are not worthy...That lob.
You live in Swindon Squarehead? I did my driving test around the 'magic roundabout' - just by the ground I think

Isn't Swindon near the 'Newbury By-Pass..? It was a controversial project from the 90s, 1000s of 'Mental Tree Huggers' chained to trees and such.

You live in Swindon Squarehead? I did my driving test around the 'magic roundabout' - just by the ground I think

Yeah. I love the magic roundabout it works really well, but is pretty intimidating at first. My driving instructor was a real pain in the ass and moaned and criticized everything. I had enough once and stopped and got out on that very roundabout. Yes, Swindon is near Newbury. Everything around Swindon is nice, Cotswolds, bath, Marlborough but Swindon is the ugly nucleus an absolute shithole. My mum is from reading and even she calls it a shithole.

You lot dont seem very wise about football....
A scotsman bought together
A welshman ..giggs
An irishman ..keane
An englishman ..scholes.
Fergy bought the best out in these lads.
Gerard and lampard where great but so was ginola for spurs.
One of engands best ever players was sol cambell or wayne rooney....hes carried us into every tournament.
Sol was a rock until he realised he likes sticking his fingers into rectums.

You lot dont seem very wise about football....
A scotsman bought together
A welshman ..giggs
An irishman ..keane
An englishman ..scholes.
Fergy bought the best out in these lads.
Gerard and lampard where great but so was ginola for spurs.
One of engands best ever players was sol cambell or wayne rooney....hes carried us into every tournament.
Sol was a rock until he realised he likes sticking his fingers into rectums.
Sheringham, solskjaer, and of course the Great Dane schmichel, not to mention Stamm and van nistelroy. Anyone see the Tottenham result?

It's my pleasure mate, and I'm sure all the others on the forum think the same. Keep posting, keep a " positive mental attitude ". The wife has been on a diet, in the early days she struggled. We spoke about visualising the fat s**t foods as "poison"......you wouldn't eat poison would you ?..........she's lost over two stone.

Booze = poison.

It's my pleasure mate, and I'm sure all the others on the forum think the same. Keep posting, keep a " positive mental attitude ". The wife has been on a diet, in the early days she struggled. We spoke about visualising the fat s**t foods as "poison"......you wouldn't eat poison would you ?..........she's lost over two stone.

Booze = poison.
Glad your missus did well mate on the diet. I just know if I even have "just the one drink" the consequences are massive. it would be the ripple effect or more of a tsunami quite frankly of my health (stomach) me and the missus splitting up and me moving out and having nowhere to go and losing everything. I would be very angry with myself and it would be a bloody stupid thing to do. I've been finding decent alternatives to drink and got this mulled winter punch that you warm up and similar to glühewine minus the alcohol. I'm drinking it now actually watching empire strikes back in bed :coffe:

Yes and today was a stressful one and I was glad to drive straight home and not via bargain booze. to be honest I'm happily suprised how it's not bothering me. mind you the dry athon didn't either apart from wanting some gin new years day?? I'm all good tho mate cheers and I'm chuffed that you guys are being a big help (y)

Someone once told me that "having a dry month" or "staying off junk food for a month" is the worst thing you can do because 30 days later you go straight back to it . Don't diet or detox or dry out...make a lifestyle change. I detoxed for a month then drunk like a t**t for the next fortnight, get it in your head it's not a dryathlon it's a lifestyle change. Keep it up Greg and remember that you have 2 things in your favour.....your neither Welsh or Ginger [emoji106]

I'll say "cheers" to that mate. You've done all the hard work, like @Squarehead says..first step is the hardest. Get help try everything, in the end it will be the mrs and the kids that you'll do it for.

I'm doing much better than I expected but seem to be hungry all the time?? infact I'm legging it downstairs to raid the sweets cupboard and get some more of this mulled punch stuff

I'm doing much better than I expected but seem to be hungry all the time?? infact I'm legging it downstairs to raid the sweets cupboard and get some more of this mulled punch stuff
I did 4 and a half years completely sober, not a single drop, if I went to the pub id have an alcohol free beer which would be enough to kill my craving and to be honest if you go to the pub and stay sober you realise how f**k**g irritating drunk people are.

I did 4 and a half years completely sober, not a single drop, if I went to the pub id have an alcohol free beer which would be enough to kill my craving and to be honest if you go to the pub and stay sober you realise how f**k**g irritating drunk people are.
I won't touch alcohol free beer that stuff has a chemical in it replacing the alcohol and gives you a bad headache (well it does to me) I'm happy with tea and coffee and these fancy soft drinks I've discovered. plus I don't really go to the pub anymore unless it's with the family and we are eating there not just drinking

I won't touch alcohol free beer that stuff has a chemical in it replacing the alcohol and gives you a bad headache (well it does to me) I'm happy with tea and coffee and these fancy soft drinks I've discovered. plus I don't really go to the pub anymore unless it's with the family and we are eating there not just drinking
Yeah now you mention it it gave me a headache aswell and a dry mouth too.

Yes and today was a stressful one and I was glad to drive straight home and not via bargain booze. to be honest I'm happily suprised how it's not bothering me. mind you the dry athon didn't either apart from wanting some gin new years day?? I'm all good tho mate cheers and I'm chuffed that you guys are being a big help (y)
Thats great Marshy - what a winner. As Olican said "lifestyle change". Make good health a habit, visualize yourself the person you want to be - if you think & visualize these thoughts in colour your sub-conscious mind thinks it's real and your brain starts you on that road. Also set goals for yourself and write them down - when they're written down it is something you can keep referring too and keeps you going in the right direction.

Agree, being designated driver is guaranteed to show you what a bunch of T***s your mates are when they're drunk.

How's the non drinking going for everyone? I been working so no beer although had one at football Boxing Day been watching stuff on Netflix like the capture series and the Eddie hall documentary kept me busy and as I'm off to football tomo and it's early kick off won't be boozing tonight

I've not touched a drop 3 weeks yesterday. I know I've cracked it. just need to alter my diet as been a bit bunged up so to speak :rayos: bit more fibre intake methinks?? or vindaloo diet??
Well done mate think you been quiet refreshing opening up as you seem a mans man and someone who says it how it is, first month always gonna be hard i don't find giving up booze hard although I have weeks where I would drink everyday,gonna pack fags up I'm only 33 and didn't start til I was 23 in between that I gave up for 18months then started again like a c**t, hope you can crack it marshy keep safe