Bonding or Hardwall

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've used rolled mesh on s&c on refurb renders where its ok brick and previous been hacked off..sbr walls 1st then scratched and meshed with plain face finish..makes it solid as a rock
Ok brick was ment to say old..fcking hate predictive txt s**t

Give the celcons a good soak with water and put lime in the render if you want sand and cement backing. Otherwise use hardwall, it's what it was designed for.

I don't get all this plasterboard is shite comments...when applied properly with correct amount of dabs its far better system than any backing coat on any cavity brick/block build.

As for all this getting a fixing bollox at the end of the day you get a fixing into the block behind...

Also this new build adrian that you had previously what would you expect to see it like had it been backing coat and skim 10 yr down the line...I can guarantee it would have settlement movement cracks etc all over.

Boards will stagger any movement and weakness in your build...backing coats won't.

BTW I'm totally impartial I love float and set work it's my favourite aspect of plastering but you've got to understand the reasons for selecting your method.

Flipside Single skin Victorian terrace type housing would be sand and cement/lime backing coat all day long!

I don't get all this plasterboard is shite comments...when applied properly with correct amount of dabs its far better system than any backing coat on any cavity brick/block build.

As for all this getting a fixing bollox at the end of the day you get a fixing into the block behind...

Also this new build adrian that you had previously what would you expect to see it like had it been backing coat and skim 10 yr down the line...I can guarantee it would have settlement movement cracks etc all over.

Boards will stagger any movement and weakness in your build...backing coats won't.

BTW I'm totally impartial I love float and set work it's my favourite aspect of plastering but you've got to understand the reasons for selecting your method.

Flipside Single skin Victorian terrace type housing would be sand and cement/lime backing coat all day long!
f**k**g hell zombie u disliked my comment earlier wen I told him to dot and dab!!

Wen you bought ur new house Adrian was it from som1 like barrats? Taylor wimpey? Persimmon? U get my point them firms are slave drivers there eat up all the new build work so it dsnt get dished out fairly and get lads in for like £1.80m2 so the lads like I wud do is put about 4 dots on per board which Is understandable because of there s**t rates there deserve it that's y never buy a new build off a massive building contractor there rip off merchants dont care about the tradesmen or the client who's buying house all profit margains

I've never understood why people see that as a good thing? Neither the boards nor the dab are flexible, so movement in the wall would mean that the dabs have separated from either the board or the wall. If boards are screwed to a timber stud or ceiling joists and they move the boards crack at the joint or across the board. If there is a crack or defect causing movement in the wall you'd want to know about it.

This Adrian dsnt give a f**k anyway he's been asked by plasterman 100Xs to put pics up with no reply so he cant be that interested he mite be a chancer..

Dot and dab all day long use duraline boards if you want toughness of backing coat..if ur hardwall n skim u shud be able to paint it in 2018(y)..if ur builder has suggested backing coat I hope he's cleaned his snots off the wall aswell as the bastards never do
Zombie was it a fat finger dislike?

I've never understood why people see that as a good thing? Neither the boards nor the dab are flexible, so movement in the wall would mean that the dabs have separated from either the board or the wall. If boards are screwed to a timber stud or ceiling joists and they move the boards crack at the joint or across the board. If there is a crack or defect causing movement in the wall you'd want to know about it.

Point I'm making is that backing coats follow any movement where as cosmetically for your finish a board doesn't or at least far far less of showing...

At the end of the day we are not there as a defence for showing any structural weaknesses we are there to provide a cosmetic finished surface...

The previous is the builders problem and responsability ours is to advise best plastering practice

Habito are good though for kitchen area no wall plugs needed but they are heavy on the back..poor Adrian is going to be more confused than when he started here,lol
@clemo it was Ireland

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't mind but he's not even said thanks to anyone yet...will be 1 of those pricks that knows best and can't be told anything probably an engineer or summet!

Probably works for quality control at a big company done a job for a women that was quality control and she was a f**k**g nightmare she was always right [emoji28]

My mate who I work with swears blind that hardwall is the best
WP_20151213_09_59_35_Pro.jpg

Point I'm making is that backing coats follow any movement where as cosmetically for your finish a board doesn't or at least far far less of showing...

At the end of the day we are not there as a defence for showing any structural weaknesses we are there to provide a cosmetic finished surface...

The previous is the builders problem and responsability ours is to advise best plastering practice

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just pointing out that I've never understood the thinking behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.