bond it or not

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickone

what happens if you don't use bond it on mr board if prior to skimming, first it was use pva now its bond it however all plaster board is covered with paper its whats behind it that allows for its various uses like sound block and fire board so why pre treat mr board any one know thanks

It's got a waxy coating that's supposed to repel moisture so it hinders the key apart from that skimmed loads without doing anything and it's been alright

thanks on a job at the moment and haven't used any bond it or though i have skimmed loads too and its always been ok never noticed it has a waxy coating, next time i'll use it as long as they up the rates per m2

Its a tile backing board, gypsum does recommend thistle bond it, and i've seen PVA been used too.. but its sole purpose is tiling onto it. I've done a few and used a neat but thickish coat of PVA. I know a guy done it and it shelled straight off about a month later,

Hardibacker, cement board and standard board can all be tiled to directly it's not soley designed for tiling try telling the hundreds of architects that spec it on ceilings

Hardibacker, cement board and standard board can all be tiled to directly it's not soley designed for tiling try telling the hundreds of architects that spec it on ceilings

... nobody said hardibacker/cement boars & standard board wasn't a base for tiling
...but again MR plasterboard were designed to be tiled onto ..

i phoned british gypsom and asked them what would happen if no bond it was put on first, they said it would all fall off once it dried, well its all a lovely pink colour and its still on, fingers crossed have to admit bicking it abit, seven years spreading for same contractor with no probs still wont be enough to save job if it comes off though

Status
Not open for further replies.