Blue grit fan

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
not too sure mate. i know it works out slightly cheaper than wba (wickes just rebrand it). thats the main thing i dont like about bluegrit, the thickness of finish you have to apply. im paying around £21-£22 inc for blu grit so its there or there abouts. i used cementone plasterers primer the other day, not bad but horrible bright green colour. also skimmed over plasterers pre grit (dont know where he got it from, never seen it before) thats not bad stuff

You can get Betokontakt £50 for 20L. The best bonding agent by far. Goes on even. Sets fast. Rock hard when set. Skims nice. I've been buying load of it and selling it on and had nothing but good feedback.

Ive been using blue grit for a while now, good coverage, easy to see, but most importantly fine grit so you don't use to much multi. Iwas using wickes bonding agent before and swear I was using twice as much multi. Blue grit cheap from r and j.

Ive been using blue grit for a while now, good coverage, easy to see, but most importantly fine grit so you don't use to much multi. Iwas using wickes bonding agent before and swear I was using twice as much multi. Blue grit cheap from r and j.

Fair enough. Each to their own. Whatever works to leave a good job and keep more work coming in.

you think the bluegrit is fine??

Yeah it's more like the opposite of what you said Freed.

WBA grit is less than half the size of blue grit.

Watering down a waterbased product be it paint or bonding agent is fine but it will not be put on the instructions as they want you to buy more in my opinion

I've got one to do on Monday, over artex painted in silk, no time to use thisbondit etc, does artex sealer work ? Still need to Pva ? How long does it take to go off ?

Watering down a waterbased product be it paint or bonding agent is fine but it will not be put on the instructions as they want you to buy more in my opinion

I don't think bonding agent should be watered down. That'll only weaken the bond it has to the shiny/low suction surface. It's like using pissy PVA on unpainted plaster over skim to save on PVA. Is it really worth saving a few quid if a job fails and it has to come off and start again. b*ll***s to that!

I've got one to do on Monday, over artex painted in silk, no time to use thisbondit etc, does artex sealer work ? Still need to Pva ? How long does it take to go off ?

It dries very quick mate.
I've used it loads in the past but only ever artexed over it.
But I know a few on here who have skimmed straight over it without pva.

Last edited:
20120430152927.jpg

This is that test I was on about. It's on bathroom paint, IIRC left to right is neat bluegrit, microgobetis, watered down bluegrit.

As you can see neither of the blue grits could be rubbed off, but the microgobetis came off with very little resistance to my wanking hand. :RpS_thumbsup:

not arguing with your pics mate, but i personally have used both and have never had that problem.... its odd assuming micro is sold to be suitable for for 18mm of render to be put over it on smooth surfaces. ...

You need to be careful not to over dilute it or its just gonna turn to water.......:RpS_thumbup:

You can get Betokontakt £50 for 20L. The best bonding agent by far. Goes on even. Sets fast. Rock hard when set. Skims nice. I've been buying load of it and selling it on and had nothing but good feedback.
couldnt agree more, been using this for years with no comebacks.The grain size is good and i get 60 metres out of a tub on average £55 from Alcester.

Status
Not open for further replies.