BG Spray Finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewker9

How is every one getting on with it? we are in the middle of spraying a big school and are struggling a bit to get it flat on the joints especially over the tapers on duraline boards which seem bit deeper then normal?
it looks good when mist coated in matt paint but when it gets its first coat in egg shell looks awfull and creating lots of patching which we never had just using multi by hand!!
we have tried alsorts to get it glass flat but have about had enough any help gratfully recived guys!

Yes we tried going ahead and filling all the joints then flatning them waiting for them to pick up then spraying it all which adds an extra hour to each spray after arsing about doing all that it's quicker to hump it on by hand!

Yes got the air turned right down also trying to have it as wet as possible and spat it soon as to get the air out, then troweling it couple of tines with plastic trowels then as its turning give it a really hard trowel with a spat! But it's still not great and if your not carefull you can hollow the joints out. Bloody stuff I'm giving it a week then going back to multi

No it's fine by hand well it's got no air in it just tears when you do it by hand even after about 8 pallets I'm not sold on it what with the extra expense of the machine and the extra work sheeting down masking up to combat the over spray

Would be good to try mpfinish but our sites are all bg specified!! I don't get why BG have bought out this spray finish when multi goes through the machine fine you can sponge it and it's cheaper and you can get a more polished finish with it

Would be good to try mpfinish but our sites are all bg specified!! I don't get why BG have bought out this spray finish when multi goes through the machine fine you can sponge it and it's cheaper and you can get a more polished finish with it

Apparently there were issues with Multi not getting good adhesion to the substrate when sprayed. Although I didn't use it on TE boards I didn't like the way it worked anywhere extra thickness's were needed such as beads.

Fill the tapes with some stiffer stuff don't take long and where possible make sure they are not TE. We find speedskims flatten this finish better then s*p*r*lex spats when its first on the wall. Don't cross trowel untill its stiffened.

We find the finish to be better then multi so not sure where you are going wrong. What machine u using? What you got the flow rate set to? Speed?

Just remember its not multi so don't treat it like is. It can be finished before you think with very little water.

Oh and don't spray it too wet because your worrying about the bubbling. It goes everywhere and your putting it on too thin if you do.

We're using mtec 100 flow rate at 220 - 215 speed setting 4 found any lower it was clogging machine. We don't use water till last spat we normally spray flatten with skiming spat then trowel with plastic couple of times to get lines out then when it's turned give it a really hard spat gets most of bubbles out but still not as good as a trowel with either board or multi. We have to use TE as its a school and there using dura line boards. What sort of meters you doing a day? We find unless you leave the tapes you have to let it really pick up before spraying again otherwise it just wets it back up and don't solve anything I do go ahead and fill them where practical but when you 8 meters up it gets a bit tricky lol

We're using mtec 100 flow rate at 220 - 215 speed setting 4 found any lower it was clogging machine. We don't use water till last spat we normally spray flatten with skiming spat then trowel with plastic couple of times to get lines out then when it's turned give it a really hard spat gets most of bubbles out but still not as good as a trowel with either board or multi. We have to use TE as its a school and there using dura line boards. What sort of meters you doing a day? We find unless you leave the tapes you have to let it really pick up before spraying again otherwise it just wets it back up and don't solve anything I do go ahead and fill them where practical but when you 8 meters up it gets a bit tricky lol

are u spraying 2coats

We are doing flats at the moment that are about 200m2 in a day. You seem to be doing everything the same as us except we are using a speedskim to flatten within 5 mins of it being sprayed. Don't spray multi it will Muller the rotor and stator and also you get a massive amount of build up in the pipe and spray gun.

It's double ground so the finish is finer so it should give you better finish.

Have you tried sponging it?

Whats wrong with the super flex for first spat? I don't know wether to order my next pallet as spray or multi, it's a bit concerning if you have to go round filling beads and tapes first then set pump up that will make my balls ache. It's ritmo eve tomorrow collect on wednesday!

Yes we're spraying 2 coats. We tried sponging it but it needs to be really wet other wise it just takes top coat of and looks awful. Yes they said its hard on the rotor spray multi. If you can spray over square edge board then it's fine but get any thickness but as we have to use TE dura line it's more hassle then it's worth what with the extra sheeting down and masking for over spray we were averaging 200-300 meters a day got the trusty hawk out and did 200 and was away earlyer so think that's the answer lol

Why dont you get Joe from British gypsum to come spend a day with you. he will be able to see if you have a problem with the material or its your technique. its free help

I've emailed joe, he's on leave till next week. So apart from currier are there any other gangs successfully spraying skim? Fair enough you have to mask windows but are gangs seriously shrink wrapping the sites to protect against the vortex of finish? I got the impression spraying finish was tidy, cleaner than hand application. Put your hands up those who are making this work

I got a decent price on bg spray, I didn't check but I'd say it was the same figure as multi per metre.

Last edited:
Hum confused now.

We spray left to right, right to left and the give it a quicker up and down just to finish each board. Each left to right is from one edge to the other and we over lap on the edge so it gets more spray on the skrim.

Oh and just incase u don't see the other thread don't use the mixing shaft u have with render Andy.

Have u used it yet?

Oh and just incase u don't see the other thread don't use the mixing shaft u have with render Andy.

Have u used it yet?

So really we need two mixing shafts? If that's correct they should supply us with one as we were sold a package to do both skim and render.
No we still haven't used it yet but I'm definitely going to use it on my own extension both internally and externally.

Yer that's our thinking too. To be fair its not Stuart's fault though just giving u a heads up as it caused us loads of ball ache.

I cant see how any of you can spray one coat, on the demo vids the spray can't even cover the scrim properly

Status
Not open for further replies.