BG Spray Finish

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't stop now your good at being a **** it comes naturally to you, so you may as well carry on.

Well a little update had jo from bg out he couldnt really give us an answer to why it look so bad the paint dont help as it shows every thing up but it looks fine when mist coated paint it in diamond gloss and wow its awful. So we had a week of putting on by hand and did a 1000m2 in a week at a better rate so thats answerd my dilema as we were only getting at most 1500 meters a week with the machine but have had to go back and patch it all and the only patching on the hand applied will b damage where the other trades have hammered it as usual!!! so machine off site and in garage. I cant see the advantage of the machine not with all the extra mess and work they create all for a couple of hundred meters. £7000 for the machine versus £400 for a whisk and few buckets and getting to shout at the lab to mix up!!!

So your output increased by 50% and its no worth it? Why did they give you a better rate once you started hand applying it? Did you hand apply the spray finish or was it multi/board? If its spray still then the reason it looks crap is because you haven't worked out how to use it yet.

I cant see your point about the mess, we tape windows and building paper floors, i takes 15 mins at most and i reckon that it takes that long to scrap up ect anyways so no lost time there.

Gloss paint? Have they painted the hand stuff yet?

Anyways let us know when the machine is for sale, what is it and how old???

Last edited:
Threw some spray finish in with multi today mixing with whisk to see if would slow set down. It did not, so don't try it!

do you ever get s**t underneath your pressure gauge causing the gauge to read false? i have to take mine off and clean all the hard crap out of the little well it sits in then put it back on so its okay

your gauge aint wrong all it means is your getting too much back pressure cause you aint cleaned your pressure plate out thus forcing the gear thru a smaller hole

i remove the gauge and clean it out after every days use, at the end of the day there is a build up, wondering if I'm leaving the finish in the pump a bit to long before cleaning

does the skim spray consistent always or do you get some wet stuff coming through now and then, maybe after a short break

yeah consistent. but saying that when we set up and run it out the rotor into the bucket and does come through wet then stiffer then wet, i let it run till it fairly consistent and connect up hoses and spay away.

yeah consistent. but saying that when we set up and run it out the rotor into the bucket and does come through wet then stiffer then wet, i let it run till it fairly consistent and connect up hoses and spay away.

That sounds normal, are you taking the rotor stator apart and cleaning after every use?

Its a ritmo right?

Multi is horrible sticky s**t and we found that even when we thought we had cleaned everything A Ok, we still had build up in the gun ect. We have noticed that the spray finish doesnt seem to do this so came to the decision not spray anything but material that was designed to be.

I never really look at the gauge as its always just worked but we make sure we never stop for more the 10 -15 mins other wise we have had bridging issues

iv always found gypsum based ie hardwall multi are a bit of a pain as they do seem to set in and around the pot and l bend at the bottom of the rotors. spray finish and mpfinish dont seem to stick but i prefere multi.

curry with your ritmo is your skim hose setup back to front to your render hose. as in the clip is on the bottom of the rotor rather than on the hose? it was on mine and is on grumps and i think it is fooking stupid.

Yep clip on the rotor stator
W,hen u spray test gear do u have the bent test pipe? If not after you finished checking consistency u clean the clip right out so u are not pushing plaster back in to the r+s?

We now just check consistency with all the pipes and gun connected just no air.

no i never had a test pipe for skim. yeah you have to clean all the clip out which is just messy. dont see why they made it different to the render hose.

yeah when u get used to it you can set it 90% anyway and just run it through the pipes like you say

pft the way forward the Mtec pales in significance to the Pft machine, less over spray, quicker to set up, less waste when priming etc, and you go through ten time less stators

Status
Not open for further replies.