Best rendering system to use on a whole house re-render job?

Members online

RJ-W

Hi,

I'd like to know which render product is recommended to use on a refurbishment/ extension and which to steer clear from. The old house was previously rendered in a cement based render which is being taken off, exposing red brick and the new extension is concrete blockwork.

Do you have any recommendations on product, how it is applied etc to get the best finish or advice on what to steer clear from?

All help is appreciated so I narrow down a product and get comparative quotes etc.

The job is in Wolverhampton if anyone is interested. Detached full house render.

Thanks

Hi,

I'd like to know which render product is recommended to use on a refurbishment/ extension and which to steer clear from. The old house was previously rendered in a cement based render which is being taken off, exposing red brick and the new extension is concrete blockwork.

Do you have any recommendations on product, how it is applied etc to get the best finish or advice on what to steer clear from?

All help is appreciated so I narrow down a product and get comparative quotes etc.

The job is in Wolverhampton if anyone is interested. Detached full house render.

Thanks
@mucky1 @Tramp down your way.

Silicone render system, mesh reinforced base coat no less than 10mm thick. Make sure it’s it’s a silicone finish not acrylic, or silicone enhanced as it’s the same thing and shite. Don’t go for the cheap east quote or you’ll regret it and be back in here in 8 weeks time asking why it looks shite.

Silicone render system, mesh reinforced base coat no less than 10mm thick. Make sure it’s it’s a silicone finish not acrylic, or silicone enhanced as it’s the same thing and shite. Don’t go for the cheap east quote or you’ll regret it and be back in here in 8 weeks time asking why it looks shite.
Yes

As you have removed all of the render I would consider an External Wall Insulation system. Like the Alsecco, Dryvit, systems . Only employ experienced installers with these systems.

@Ecotex

Hi,

Thanks
If you contact the team at PRB Systems, they will be able to offer a specification and a recommended installer in your area.

This way you get a system and product warranty and assurance it’s a recognised contractor.

Visit: www.prbsystems.co.uk and speak to the Technical Manager Steve Keitley.

Noted, thanks mate. Let me know if you're interested (y)

As you have removed all of the render I would consider an External Wall Insulation system. Like the Alsecco, Dryvit, systems . Only employ experienced installers with these systems.
Going for PIR backed plasterboard on the inside on the solid walls as don't want a step on front where the existing house meets the new side extension if we go for EWI.