Benefits

claret66

I've broken my schapoid bone in my wrist and f**k*d my ligament after a fall pissed up.Got a pot on,so can't work.Am I entitled to any benefits,I'm self employed.

You are entitled to sick pay you will need a doctors note to confirm. Depending on your situation ie wife and children you may be better off keeping your hand in your pocket and signing on as unemployed.

Should be good for Universal credit I'd have thought. Look online for benefits calculator.

I tried tonsign on bout 14 years ago when it was quite t xmas. Only just moved in with future wife but they said she has to support me

Worked for 40 years,least I've contributed,why shouldn't I try to get something back
well you have got something back..... you,ve had treatment at hospital courtesy of the taxpayer and now you want more for being a clumsy fker as well?
first rule being self employed sunshine is to put a bit away every month or to take out insurance to cover for any scenarios such as yours.....it's not fkin rocket science just bad money management on your part take it on the chin and learn from it

Always put some away for a rainy day.
Used it on a couple of occasions, takes the worry out of life's unexpected moments.

You should be entitled to benefits though as you've contributed over the years, make enquiries.

Ok,So I've got a bit of time on my hands.Is it time to give it up,55 working on site,price work,chasing it,deadlines etc.Trigger finger, cortisone injections,.Is it time to go shelf stacking,try the domestics,or try to get on with a firm on books.Still need money coming in,4 kids,and a divorce,any advice Welcome.Thanks

Ok,So I've got a bit of time on my hands.Is it time to give it up,55 working on site,price work,chasing it,deadlines etc.Trigger finger, cortisone injections,.Is it time to go shelf stacking,try the domestics,or try to get on with a firm on books.Still need money coming in,4 kids,and a divorce,any advice Welcome.Thanks
You have to stop sometime whether its now 65 or 75. If you've been earning good money and have nothing in place to slow down or stop now, another 10 yrs hard graft is not going to make a lot of difference. If its your trowel hand you'll struggle to earn big on site for a while.
If your not able to save or pay a reasonable amount into a pension it might be better to go employed, the monies worse but the benefits of sick pay, holidays pension add up.
Hard to get out of Plastering site or domestic as still good money especially with your circumstances , but you have to think about where all the monies going and how to save for the day you will have to stop.

Few lads went and worked on the railways from here might be worth looking into. HS2...or lots of other infrastructure projects happening lately.

Probably worth getting out of plastering or do domestics, at 54 doctor said to me I had wear and tear/ arthritis in my hip and if I carried on plastering full time it would get worse. Now I do domestics and take a mate to do the labouring so it's easier on my body. At 55 you've probably been plastering for nearly 40 years which is enough for most peoples bodies, good luck.

Thanks for replies.Might try the agencies and get my cscs card,had one but expired the work must be easier than site work,