Bending wood

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Lodan. King of the chancers.
If he’d have worked alongside a reputable builder for years and then said “I’m going on my own” then that’s what I’d see as normal.
To wake up, again, and say I’m going to be a builder and come up against a whole loads of problems and technical issues to deal with and fumble through them or spend every night googling how to solve it, to me that’s chancing.

To make it clear I'm working with a chap who is a builder who's been doing conversions for a while ,on his own was too slow and was turning down work, wanted to employ me full time but I said no as I'm a business man said I would happily split some jobs 50/50 with him if he wanted to rattle through a few and it went from there. All work goes through building control. Everyone else can be as happy as they like in their bubble and never move forward and that's fine and im happy for those people but I'm not and want to move forward. To be honest I find it all a bit boring so I'll leave you lads to Nash your gums about it as it makes no odds to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
To make it clear I'm working with a chap who is a builder who's been doing conversions for a while ,on his own was too slow and was turning down work, wanted to employ me full time but I said no as I'm a business man said I would happily split some jobs 50/50 with him if he wanted to rattle through a few and it went from there. All work goes through building control. Everyone else can be as happy as they like in their bubble and never move forward and that's fine and im happy for those people but I'm not and want to move forward. To be honest I find it all a bit boring so I've leave you lads Nash your gums about it as it makes no odds to me.
Well said

well-that-escalated-quickly-4306795.png

Aye Google diablo tricks mad the stuff you can do, did it at my nephew's 4th birthday party, the kids loved it and the mums were drooling:bananas:

Garuantee if I wanted to be a magician though I'd learn how to do it and be pretty good at it(y)
A mate of mine had a very boring nightshift job and taught himself magic. He used to earn a lot of coin doing both kids and adult parties. Quite funny really as he always said that he hated kids.

I like to do different stuff...taught myself to juggle, wrote a book, got into running and ran 1.15 for a half, did rock climbing for a while, learnt to ride a uni cycle....just the normal stuff...life's an adventure don't ever stand still

I'll take a look later. Those and Black Widows were used to fire out the early boilies.
Don't think it's what you think two sticks and a piece of string spinning a cone shaped thing on them

And as a side note every builder woke up one day and decided to be a builder as it's not a trade...no nvq or anything, just a chap in a trade who decided to organise stuff

Belter if a TPF thread!! Gone from advice to a bit of back an forth to sticking a finger up a hobo!

Happy Saturday night all! :birra:
Must be getting old if you've got hand wrinkles...sounds like the beginning of the end

don't worry pal
I’m 31. My hands are 51. My joints are 71 :crying:
games a break in nearly
I’m 31. My hands are 51. My joints are 71 :crying:
give me a break im nearly 70 wrinkles on my sprinklers