Beginning of the end! ???

Members online

I used to work like a dog . Chuck it on nd while its hanging run gear in to job.6am to 9 pm etc . Worse thing ever. Necks f**k*d now. If i could get a job that suited childcare sitution for 300 a week .id be done. I.m 43 in august and last few years .( though could be lack of sleep with baby and i dont train like i used cause i.m always tired) just not got the stamina. I now do two sets . No more then 3 bags a set . Still making same if not more money then when i was killing me sen. .

Much of society would be better off, so much negativity and propaganda dragging everyone down and keeping the masses fighting with each other.

I propose 'nice news', a news channel that just broadcasts positive news from around the world.

Here's some nice news for you. The little old man who took this scrote's screwdriver off him and stuffed it up his arse won't be getting any more hassle off the fuzz.

Pensioner arrested for fatally stabbing intruder at his home 'will face no further action'
POLICE%20Hi%2033.jpg

Here's some nice news for you. The little old man who took this scrote's screwdriver off him and stuffed it up his arse won't be getting any more hassle off the fuzz.

Pensioner arrested for fatally stabbing intruder at his home 'will face no further action'
POLICE%20Hi%2033.jpg
Nice
:)

Much of society would be better off, so much negativity and propaganda dragging everyone down and keeping the masses fighting with each other.

I propose 'nice news', a news channel that just broadcasts positive news from around the world.
I had a news app that was only supposed to be good news...but it was just as bad.
Stories like 'Mrs Jones recovered from cancer' just remind you about cancer...''Mr Wilson didn't die when he got stabbed' just reminds you of stabbing etc. etc

I used to work like a dog . Chuck it on nd while its hanging run gear in to job.6am to 9 pm etc . Worse thing ever. Necks f**k*d now. If i could get a job that suited childcare sitution for 300 a week .id be done. I.m 43 in august and last few years .( though could be lack of sleep with baby and i dont train like i used cause i.m always tired) just not got the stamina. I now do two sets . No more then 3 bags a set . Still making same if not more money then when i was killing me sen. .
Yeah I think family life makes a big difference as you get no rest time

As @JessThePlasterer said, a change is as good as a rest. It doesn't have to be a big change, but it'll give you something to think about and a change to the load on you physically. Simple things like if you currently work right to left/top to bottom do the opposite. If you're right handed try to do more left handed. If most of your work involves boarding, try to persuade people to go with float and set. Basically any small changes that can make you think about what you're doing and change the muscle groups you use.

Obviously you could go for a big change. Sell up and migrate to the pacific islands, buy a glass bottomed boat and ferry tourists about for example. :descansando:
Oooooh yes @zombie go with the second option! :rebotando:

Plastering is just a s**t job. Makes u feel like s**t. I couldn't give a f**k if I never did it again tbh. But will be at it tomorrow :(

Sometimes if feel on a plastering downer ( which I was around Christmas) I look at diary and ring um all up, wipe out every Monday or Friday or both for the next few weeks to free up some time , Wednesday is a good day not to book anything in on said similar in another thread ,best thing I’ve found and done for long time now is have everyone floating about with jobs but don’t actually confirm till the week before, working time either try to finish at one if you are an early bird or turn up after 9 and finish at 3 helps too.

As @JessThePlasterer said, a change is as good as a rest. It doesn't have to be a big change, but it'll give you something to think about and a change to the load on you physically. Simple things like if you currently work right to left/top to bottom do the opposite. If you're right handed try to do more left handed. If most of your work involves boarding, try to persuade people to go with float and set. Basically any small changes that can make you think about what you're doing and change the muscle groups you use.

Obviously you could go for a big change. Sell up and migrate to the pacific islands, buy a glass bottomed boat and ferry tourists about for example. :descansando:
I usually think of you as the voice of reason on here;
but that advice was the biggest load of b*ll***s on the thread. No spread (decent) would ever think of suggesting changing the direction you work lol.

No spread (decent) would ever think of suggesting changing the direction you work lol.

and yet most have aches and pains. I wonder if there's a connection? Could it be the years of making exactly the same arm movements? If only there were a name for that. Oh wait, there is. Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI).

Most trades will trot out the 'only one way/direction to work' rubbish, when what they actually mean is "that's the only way I've ever done it". Right handed spreads work one way, left hand another, but that's their dominant hand, not the only one. Anyone can teach themselves to use the 'other' hand for any task that they can do with their dominant hand, it just takes time and a bit of effort. That effort to get your brain used to it will provide a mental challenge akin to learning a new skill. The physical change will develop muscles and muscle memory which will take the load off overused muscles and balance out between the two sides of your body. Your core, hip, shoulder, chest, fore arm, wrist, neck even your legs are involved in a trowelling action and just putting the left and right sides out of balance will cause problems, never mind the strains that are associated with doing the same thing day in and day out for years.

"Change nothing, nothing changes."

stella gave me the HEEBEEGEEBEES today.....i thought ghosts were coming through the walls.....anyway im off to get wankered again.
happy weekend folks.
20180408_154437.jpg

Good news does not sell though

Working smarter is a lot easier than harder.

I use to bust my balls working long days and then evenings invoicing... reality is there was very little gain. I never saw jane or other friends and when i did i use tk spend what i had earnt because i felt guilty for nor being around.

Now its all about earning enough to live but spending quality time with friends and family.