Beads

MIXERMAN

Anyone used this .bit weird.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_162845534.jpg
    IMG_20200308_162845534.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 381
What stapler you use mate ? And what size staples ?
I just use a cheap Stanley one from Screwfix. It goes into the majority of walls. Really solid ones it may not go all the way but just tap them in with a hammer

This is the one you want. Screwfix best price. Forget Stanley, this staples into solid walls with ease. In fact, no, get a fat max like I did, struggle like f**k and then get a de Walt for the bliss you'll experience.

Attachments

• ae235.jpeg
    ae235.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 238
This is the one you want. Screwfix best price. Forget Stanley, this staples into solid walls with ease. In fact, no, get a fat max like I did, struggle like f**k and then get a de Walt for the bliss you'll experience.

OK, I'm willing to give a DeWALT gun a try, but, just to confuse me, there are 3 different guns on Screwfix, and all around the same price:

DeWALT HD
Dewalt HD.jpg

DeWALT 5-in-1
Dewalt 5in1.jpg

DeWALT 2-in-1
Dewalt 2in1.jpg

Thanks both, I'll try the HD, then.

Do you find that gun works particularly well with a certain brand of fixings, or (I'm guessing) no preference?

Cheers

Do you find that gun works particularly well with a certain brand of fixings, or (I'm guessing) no preference?

Cheers
Yes, top one. Only ever used Stanley 6mm staples, can't think there's much difference in the different brands though.

Cheers
I bought 10000 Silverline staples some years ago and it doesn't particularly like those. They're cheap so they still get used though. I use 12/14 staples even for skimming beads.

Yes, top one. Only ever used Stanley 6mm staples, can't think there's much difference in the different brands though.

Yeah, I know it looked like my question about staples was a bit redundant - I take your point and I admit I thought twice about posting it, knowing I'd probably be laughed at, but I've learned over the years that tools and fixings have thousands of little design shortcomings and irritations, so it does pay to ask fellow tradespeople what they've found to work well (& badly), amongst the sea of choices.

Thanks to you and Andy I will know which gun to choose, and I really will be buying one.

I bought 10000 Silverline staples some years ago and it doesn't particularly like those. They're cheap so they still get used though. I use 12/14 staples even for skimming beads.

Thanks, that was exactly the sort of hard-won experience I was looking for! Saves me wasting my time & money on a product that may make a job more hassle than it needs to be. I'll stick to Stanley and Arrow staples.

I've got render beads ,25 stop beads, and same corner. eBay £55 . Just need some six inch nails to fix them