Beads

Members online

Normally on jobs we staple the beads or stick on with a bit of muc and fill them out and scrape back before skimming (been taught this way). The second way we have to wait for it to set before we actually skim, so how do you lads stick beads if you can't staple or nail and have no time to stick with skim. Cheers

Ehhhhh,,,
Some guys use hook on beads that have barbs on them,,,,dont like them personally .

I use hook ons, little bit deeper than normal so fill them out a bit but good when can't get a fixing or on formed corners

I staple on board or use clouts.If I'm doing overskims and corners are solid I use grip fill.I prefer the link as it grabs instantly and never had one fail in 20 years.

It dependent on how good the surface you are Putting them on to , some need pulling out at the top,middle or bottom.

Always stick with finish

Yowsers you stick every single bead on by finish!!!

Fooooook that sooooo slow!

I want the room on by 10 never mind the beads!

Fair play mate I wouldn't have the time/patience or the will to endour that everyday!

I've just stuck 1 stop bead on with finish just before leaving tonight took me half hour to walk round job telling every other trade cannnnt not to knock it off!

Fair play mate I wouldn't have the time/patience or the will to endour that everyday!

I've just stuck 1 stop bead on with finish just before leaving tonight took me half hour to walk round job telling every other trade cannnnt not to knock it off!

Yea always have done , too long in tbe tooth now to change

I like to get the bead straight, a little pull here and a little push there

Same here always stuck with multi get um straight! It don't take no time to be fair. And it's the most reliable way I think bit of dirty water if ya that worried about cracking on lol. But I don't rush about like I'm on price young lads can do that s**t I'm on roll down ha!

f**k all that might as well start bedding Hessian down on board joints and mix with a stick

Plaster board = stapler
Wooden dowels = stapler
Overskim work = clout nails
Sand & cement = pink grip with gun.

Way I see it if I'm floating or Plaster board then it's my responsibility to leave straight otherwise within reason it just gets tacked on overskims.

f**k it takes no time to dab a drop of skim on and set the bead in it, never mind F*****g about with nails or that.stapling maybe quick but to get the bead set right it's easier stuck with skim. Can adjust it where it needs it etc

I like to stick beads on with finish. especially if the walls are pissed :D if its on plasterboard hook on beads or nail them :D

Suppose there's no right or wrong it's what individuals are taught if your site bashing and say I guess you could do half a day beading the whole house and scrimming curving ceilings if required ect then if you're in a gang I suppose ya mate could go in front while you start chucking on ect. Or if you are domestic doing a lot of overskim wonky walls ect better to stick on blah blah

Clout nail on plasterboard, as long as I've dabbed the boards I'll know there's plenty of dabs where nail goes.
Stick with finish on reskims. Hook on beads get on my tits, use way too much finish to cover. A stapler to me is another tool to carry and cover in s**t and break.

Suppose there's no right or wrong it's what individuals are taught if your site bashing and say I guess you could do half a day beading the whole house and scrimming curving ceilings if required ect then if you're in a gang I suppose ya mate could go in front while you start chucking on ect. Or if you are domestic doing a lot of overskim wonky walls ect better to stick on blah blah

yup... horses for courses...

Clout nail on plasterboard, as long as I've dabbed the boards I'll know there's plenty of dabs where nail goes.
Stick with finish on reskims. Hook on beads get on my tits, use way too much finish to cover. A stapler to me is another tool to carry and cover in s**t and break.

love it when using clouts hitting those dabs :D

I also use stapler to put in each end of scrim if putting up over night and for stapling tarps to skirtings etc

I also use stapler to put in each end of scrim if putting up over night and for stapling tarps to skirtings etc
Sorry , I rated funny, then thought it through. You have a good point. I prefer to swear a lot the next morning when scrim falls off.

Each job is different. This week it’s all new bird. Fitted by the customer lol. So I’m dabbing on Tapping and bonding out. Then a hit or 2 depends on time.

Scrim is a lot better these days though.... go back 3 years and nobody scrimmed the night before