Beading

Members online

Server

can someone please tell me which of the two types of beading I should be using. (And what the other should be used for.

The corners I need to put beading on are on plasterboard that has been dot and dabbed, so there is no wood under the plasterboard at the corners. It will just be skimmed.

I have lined them up on a piece of board so that they can be photographed

image.jpeg

Beading with slots in it

image.jpeg

Small Mesh type beading, not the large mesh type

They're both skim beads but the first type are better. The mesh ones are turd IMO. Don't hold a straight shape.

They're both skim beads but the first type are better. The mesh ones are turd IMO. Don't hold a straight shape.
Agree I find the mini mesh ones better for taping and jointing

I'm not actually sure if that's what the mesh ones are for but I prefer the mesh if I have to use compound rather than skim

Use the top one and staple mate as your get a fixing every time.just make sure you pull bead tight so it doesn't come loose or grin through the skim.

All they use in Ireland are the minimesh beads.
And I agree they are s**t in comparison to the others.
However they are used in exactly the same circumstance and not in two coat work as said above. They are both 3mm beads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However they are used in exactly the same circumstance and not in two coat work as said above. They are both 3mm beads.

Yeah that was a mistake on my phone it looked like the bigger mesh beads

The mesh type is all what ive ever used! Never knew there was other types untill i joined here. Looks like ill have to get out of the country more!lol

Hate mini mesh beads to much spring in them. The dry wall beads are far better on all sorts of backgrounds.

Minimesh are 60 cent each here, you're getting raped!

That was in wee store in arse hole of nowhere on west cost. TBH, i actually forget how much they are in heton&buckley (local builders yard) because i just order and pay then hand over receipt to clients. 60cents still sounds cheap for here thou

You can oli but delivery because of the length of them tends to be expensive