Bad start to my first day on the Ritmo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will get used to it mate,its a doddle.Set up and spraying takes us about 15/20 mins now.I just use standard r+s cant be doing with them clamps.

You need to spray rend aid nice and wet i'd use a 12mm nozzle, i find it a lot easier to pump test if you turn the speed down a bit.

When im ready to put powder in i just pit enough in to fill the mixing zone and then run the machine for a second or 2 just so you see material come out the bottom, then i stop machine them add more material and away it goes

pft have a new rotor stator for the ritmo m seperate clamp like the three phase type clampable stator and rotor will be cheaper and will last longer

You need to spray rend aid nice and wet i'd use a 12mm nozzle, i find it a lot easier to pump test if you turn the speed down a bit.

When im ready to put powder in i just pit enough in to fill the mixing zone and then run the machine for a second or 2 just so you see material come out the bottom, then i stop machine them add more material and away it goes

When you say mixing zone do you mean the black rubber bit?

@Rigsby when we went down to see Stu last week he suggested that when doing a pressure test we look at both the pressure gauge you put on and the one fitted to the machine and split any difference. We sprayed both Hardwall and Blanc du litterall with the rotor/stator set at 6 bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Curry I thought you were just supposed to check that the back pressure is one bar per metre of hose used.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i start up i put about 2-3 inch of water into the zone, then throw half a bag in and switch on count to 10 then fill the machine up to top...away you go pal.
When you say mixing zone do you mean the black rubber bit?

get clamps on they last ages.

just welded up two big wrench strong arms with with sockets on them for tightning the clamp up cost me a fiver nd just modded em to suit the clamp nice

mind you those little rotors on the ritmo you prob only need a clock winder key :RpS_laugh:

Was thinking of wrapping a couple of jubilee clips round it or asking postman for some lakky bands.UOTE=plasterjfe;756575]get clamps on they last ages.

just welded up two big wrench strong arms with with sockets on them for tightning the clamp up cost me a fiver nd just modded em to suit the clamp nice

mind you those little rotors on the ritmo you prob only need a clock winder key :RpS_laugh:[/QUOTE]

you wont spray hardwall or mp 75 with the pressure set to 6 bar. you need about 15 bar. 6 Bar on render is fine.

They not out yet J will let you know when i know

As Ian says I run hardwall/mp75 at 15 and renders will be looking at a minimum 6 bar.
I gave 2 r&s now,one for plasterers one for renders.

Once I get it right then keep to that formula. So max 50mm over the rotar and sprinkle a bit of powder in, turn on and wait till it starts pissing out then add more powder.

Thats what I have been doing but probably putting too much powder in, can't see because of a cloud of dust. But once it is coming out and you have say a bag in then turn down the water accordingly until the consistency is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.