Bad multifinsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irish skim is good lately. It even says on the bag new and improved with a 6 month self life. This has all happened since a lot of plasterers started using kanuf mp finish. I can't understand how i can get mp finish here in ireland no problem. When yous can't get it in the UK and its made there.

I wouldn't mind but id actualy happilt try the unifinish even at a tenner a bag all day long id just mix it with a bit of multi on first coat for reassurance and crack on....

BUT @BG NOBODY FOOOOOOOOOOKIN STOCKS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:RpS_cursing:

This week I have been having real problems with the ultra.

Where you getting it from? Haldane fisher have fresh stuff in all the time JP corry however had 2 bags left the other day and they looked liked they thrown about the room lol.

have any of you lads had a problem with carlite, we did a few houses and i have to say it was the worst skim i ever used

Where you getting it from? Haldane fisher have fresh stuff in all the time JP corry however had 2 bags left the other day and they looked liked they thrown about the room lol.

Its coming from Jp's having a nightmare of a time troweling it up. Finished the job today after two weeks skimming with it. Going to give kanuf a go on the job I start tomorrow

never used knauf, where do you get it from? jp's dont stock much ultra, you probably got some old bags. you ever used the multi out of b&Q? i stopped using it 2 years ok, just didnt get on with it.:RpS_thumbdn:

have any of you lads had a problem with carlite, we did a few houses and i have to say it was the worst skim i ever used
carlite is good to work with just a bit slow at going off, find myself spending more time looking at the walls than troweling them lol. if i use carlite it comes from the dublin factory, i beleive, and havn't had any issues with how it mixes or when im throwing it on

carlite is good to work with just a bit slow at going off, find myself spending more time looking at the walls than troweling them lol. if i use carlite it comes from the dublin factory, i beleive, and havn't had any issues with how it mixes or when im throwing it on

It comes from the kingscourt factory

Starting a small job in Lisburn tomorrow and the contractor says he could get a hold of kanuf local didn't ask were tho. Used it on a few new builds in the Lisburn area bout a year or so ago.Yeah use the multi on and off bit hit and miss some days it's the Best stuff you'll use next time it's shite.

we used it over boards and over hardcoat, in 30 years plastering i never saw walls paint up as bad

Working just down the road from you in dunmurry let me no were he got it from, mayb give it ago sometime

Hs anyone else noticed mutli finish has gone bad in the last week or two. You can tell when mixing it doesn't quite look right and trowels up terrible. It may be coincidence but is it this time of year when they adjust retarder in the product? It almost looks abit grainy holds water so goes on nice but slides around and tears. I phoned bg and they swear nobody else has complained. Plastering is hard enough without **** product being bagged up. I've been plastering long enough to know something ain't right just by looking at it being mixed.

Hi @seabass, we’re really sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sending us your details via PM so we can give you another call and look at this in more detail?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found it very hit and miss lately did a full room in the ones without uni ad couple month ago sound as normal have found the one with uni ad on going off quick? Did a wall mon with it onto board was going brown after 1st pass and polishing was horrible seemed to still be pliable even after it shouldn't have been if that makes sense oh and it was from bnq got some to use this week from jewsons see if any diff

We dont complain cos nowt gets done about it, if anyone should know if its good or shite it would be us who are using it day in day out, its not been the best last few weeks.

Personally i think it's been getting gradually worse for a couple of years. It feels more gritty than it used to. It used to be a nice creamy consistency that troweled up lovely but these days it just doesn't seem to be right at all. It sets different every mix & it never quiet looks or feels as sooth as it feels like it will when i trowel it up.

Either that or im just getting rougher. Im not ruling that out but pretty confident its at least 50% not just me.

@BritishGypsum sort out the multifinish. 3 hits today all set at different times and the last one was a mare, didn't matter what I done but all I got was tiger stripes. If it happens tomorrow the merchants WILL be having it back.

@BritishGypsum sort out the multifinish. 3 hits today all set at different times and the last one was a mare, didn't matter what I done but all I got was tiger stripes. If it happens tomorrow the merchants WILL be having it back.

Them fuking tiger stripes. I was using bg skim last week and the week before fuk me don't know how yous put up with it. T stripes everywhere. Even skimming over s&c.

oh and also its always when they start advertising uni finish on the bags that it goes shiteee...

its defo either them mixing some excess in as it also goes like chewing gum which is what its like with wet pva and plaster...

or there trying to make it that bad that they make you want to give the uni there advertising on the bags a go...

that's my conspiracy anyway!!!

I agree

Gotta be honest. I wasn't sure if it was just a small issue some of us were having but the fact that a company as big as @BritishGypsum won't actually offer a response on whats supposed to be the biggest plastering forum - there customer base's discussion place- makes me think that theres a reason not to set the record straight.

Why would they be arsed .... were pushed into buying there gear ..

I hope the day comes where I could drop BG gear .... SORT IT OUT KNAUF !!

Ok @ BG I'll call you tomorrow but you can see the general consensus as regards BG products at the moment, so I don't want to have to convince you that the multi is bad. Like I said the job is hard enough without bad product.

I don't like the new changes to this forum at all. It seems less user friendly,more like a newspaper commentary. It seems more cluttered ,thumbs down from me @Danny @flynnyman the good news is I will use it less.

Status
Not open for further replies.