Bad multifinsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass

Hs anyone else noticed mutli finish has gone bad in the last week or two. You can tell when mixing it doesn't quite look right and trowels up terrible. It may be coincidence but is it this time of year when they adjust retarder in the product? It almost looks abit grainy holds water so goes on nice but slides around and tears. I phoned bg and they swear nobody else has complained. Plastering is hard enough without **** product being bagged up. I've been plastering long enough to know something ain't right just by looking at it being mixed.

i've noticed its been very glupy does not trowel up like it should do always ends up needing an extra
trowel

Agree ... last few weeks its been hit and miss ... can see it when mixing up .... like others have said it sets funny .... had no issues trowelling but has took an extra ...

Good to see British Gypsum popping along to this thread or the other multi thread ..... anyone would think there sponsors hahahahahaha

Just get it on and give the last one a right hard one.. I don't think it's the last couple of weeks more like months, worst on board.

If the board finish did not have a green bag i would swear it was multi.:RpS_confused:

I think its the same stop making excuses for been shite!!:RpS_sneaky::flapper:

I think your right, however Multi finish is pants full stop, always acts differently for me, same substrate or not, always manage a good finish (in my eyes :) )on it though..

God if Knauf would pull there finger out and get a distribution manager who knew what they were doing id drop B.G gear

They sponsor on here yet never comment ..... guess they need a board meeting to decide to reply to the forums huh ?? fookin joke imo

God if Knauf would pull there finger out and get a distribution manager who knew what they were doing id drop B.G gear

They sponsor on here yet never comment ..... guess they need a board meeting to decide to reply to the forums huh ?? fookin joke imo

:thumbup: hell yeah

Can't understand why bg dont give a free complimentary pole sander with every bag they sell :RpS_w00t:

I thaught it was ok up until the end of the week,it seemed to dry uneven like there are a load of small bits that are slightly dryer than the rest in certain areas,it wasn't over multiple substrates either it was on a sound painted surface.

i noticed it went off really fast this week. have to be honest. then again it might have been the wind

BG not interested they know they can produce any old s*** and because they have the market covered we have to use it.

Been doing loads of skimming with 2 other spreads and we all agree the multi is not reacting as well as it should...very inconsistent

Been doing loads of skimming with 2 other spreads and we all agree the multi is not reacting as well as it should...very inconsistent
Just something slightly wrong and needs to be tweaked at bgs end,it does seem over the last couple of weeks it has been mentioned a fair bit on here and at work in general. @BritishGypsum what can you tell us of this,any recent changes to the multi blend?(board finish too by the sounds of things)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it just over a week ago. The new bags with the try our new uni finish are crap. The merchants brought out a second pallet without it on. I've been taking it from there all week and it's been fine. They've definitely done something to it. We're the ones who know when it's not rite not bg

Every spread I've asked round here has now had the problem, all said fine until the bags with the little labell advertising unifinish

Why ask them? Theyll deny a problem and tell you that no one else has moaned
Yes bg will deny it and they prob don't comment on here for a reason,they may change the multi blend trying something new maybe a cheaper type of ingredient then look on here and see if it's noticed.when you think about it,it is the only way they will get honest answers eg if you bg give a spread a bag of multi and say "test this for me" the spread will know something has changed and chances are he's going to give negative feedback.lol sounds like a bg conspiracy theory now:RpS_thumbup:

ultra finish all the way, multi is crap, carlite is good but too slow to go off, plus its got a bit expensive at £8 or £9 a bag

yep defo...summet not right...my sets are always well finished before they start turning colour all nice and consistent...

today a small set on wet trowel it was dark in loads of places first...and just to add I always flatten my first coat nicely so defo not high points etc

oh and also its always when they start advertising uni finish on the bags that it goes shiteee...

its defo either them mixing some excess in as it also goes like chewing gum which is what its like with wet pva and plaster...

or there trying to make it that bad that they make you want to give the uni there advertising on the bags a go...

that's my conspiracy anyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.