Bad batch of finish

Boiled egg.

idi-amin.jpg

Why is Pure so expensive compared to other products, some say it’s better than multi why is this and why can you not just buy a bag at your local store instead having to buy a pallet
never seen the stuff in Scotland but seems the same as casting plaster 80 bags or nowt ARSOLES

Give it a go Andy you will find your life will become much happier and fulfilled. We use multi finish all the time because it's easily available and cheap, no problems if you are the real deal.

Hi all,

We want you to know that we value our customers and have a dedicated email address so you can alert us of any problems you are experiencing with the product. As Danny has said in this thread, the more information we get, the easier it will be for us to resolve any issues.

If the product is not performing as it should, we genuinely want to find out why and resolve it. Please email us your number, location and, if possible, details of the problem you are experiencing to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com and someone will be in touch. If you prefer, you can also contact us by sending a DM through our company Facebook and Twitter pages.

We value our customers and do want to make your life a bit easier. We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks, the BG Team
Had a pallet of bg boards yesterday that wernt squair ffs, instead of changing the look of your bags,sort the product out.

The bags are rubbish as well,even krend bags are more sturdy.

Had a pallet of bg boards yesterday that wernt squair ffs, instead of changing the look of your bags,sort the product out.

I hope that's not common as I always use pb for setting everything square ,

Noticed the dye on bonding bags coming off.

Sorry mate but I'm afraid that you are mistaken, as we're I. See you and I thought that square meant that the boards would be, well, square. We are both wrong. In fact as long as the measurements from corner to corner diagonally are within 8mm of each other that means that the boards are square. Now you might be thinking that that could still be the case with a parallelogram, which clearly isn't square, but again you'd be wrong because @BritishGypsum have managed to change the laws of mathematics as to what is termed 'square'. That just shows the power of St.Gobain.

I'm going to 345 my next lot to check , most disturbed

I'm going to 345 my next lot to check , most disturbed
Sorry mate but I'm afraid that you are mistaken, as we're I. See you and I thought that square meant that the boards would be, well, square. We are both wrong. In fact as long as the measurements from corner to corner diagonally are within 8mm of each other that means that the boards are square. Now you might be thinking that that could still be the case with a parallelogram, which clearly isn't square, but again you'd be wrong because @BritishGypsum have managed to change the laws of mathematics as to what is termed 'square'. That just shows the power of St.Gobain.
Panic over , I use knauf , someone got me some BG to put a ceiling up , I honestly thought they were damp they were soft and bendy , pink in the middle , refused to use them

It use to be so easy skimming away , but nowadays it’s a chore trying to time it perfectly so you don’t end up with stripes tearing or a multitude of sins that appear in your work, it’s shite to use and makes your work look shite because you have to give it some extra trowels because it looks s**t , it ends up polished because it won’t trowel nice , but hey I can remember the good times when it was so sweet to use and that’s board or multi summer or winter

Why is Pure so expensive compared to other products, some say it’s better than multi why is this and why can you not just buy a bag at your local store instead having to buy a pallet
Hi @djfleming22, we recognise that buying by the pallet is difficult and so we are working on getting more stockist locations around the country. If you want to buy PureFinish, please let us know your location (by responding to this thread, or emailing us on Thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com) and we will let you know local stockists.

So can you tell us why Pure Finish is so much better to use than Multi or Board Finish? I find it hard to believe that whatever it is that sucks all the nasties out of the air is what makes it nicer to use.
If the problem is that you only have enough high quality gypsum for the more expensive finish plasters then at least be honest enough to say so, not just deny that there are issues. Also if this is the case then you should insist that stockists hold the superior products, even if it were only Jewsons, being as you're part of the same setup.
There I've been nice and polite. No swearing or name calling. All I ask for is some honesty and for you not to treat us as if we know nothing and all issues are down to user error.
Back to you @BritishGypsum
Hi @essexandy, we are sorry that you are having problems. All the gypsum that goes into our plaster comes from the same source, meaning the gypsum used is all of the same quality. If you want to discuss any issues about plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com and someone will be in touch.

Reactions: Djr
Hi @essexandy, we are sorry that you are having problems. All the gypsum that goes into our plaster comes from the same source, meaning the gypsum used is all of the same quality. If you want to discuss any issues about plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com and someone will be in touch.
Hi , what's the score on pink , bendy plasterboard and is it possible for boards to not be square

Hi @BritishGypsum I have gone through the process of contacting you a while back and talking to an employee of yours and got absolutely nowhere. Your people know where I am if they want to talk again, if not I will continue to slate you and your products as and when deserved (all the time).

Hi @BritishGypsum I have gone through the process of contacting you a while back and talking to an employee of yours and got absolutely nowhere. Your people know where I am if they want to talk again, if not I will continue to slate you and your products as and when deserved (all the time).
They have just by the b*ll***s nothing else to us , asuwere

Oh I agree with you totally but with the amount of bags that get used every day if 10 people complain it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack... also it is not always the plasters fault....

some "plasterers" blame their tools and materials to justify to themselves..... (not saying anybody here does that though)
I always blame the labourer!

Its been sagging and tearing and taking ages to go off, loads on Facebook saying the same.
Don't you think it something to do whith damp weather the moisture level very high this time of year I haven't had much trouble myself I just adapted to time of year best Time to plaster spring and autumn if the weather is in order be. But seasons have changed all over the place. That the trouble whith skim. if it hot it going to set quicker if moisture level high it going to drag common sense

Hi Mike, Thanks for answering some of our questions but I would like to know why Pure is so expensive compared to other finishes and why is it better than multi finish
Hi @djfleming22, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. PureFinish is made with different ingredients and additives to our other plasters so is different to MultiFinish. Would you like to try it out so you can see it for yourself? We will contact you privately to arrange this.