Asbestos

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
had to ask the wife about this one .
each asbestos fibre has a little barb attached to it. if one fibre enters your lung and turns rouge it will grow and kill the hairs that are inside your lung to filter the water that builds up your lung from the air we breathe.
you have now asbestosis.

had to ask the wife about this one .
each asbestos fibre has a little barb attached to it. if one fibre enters your lung and turns rouge it will grow and kill the hairs that are inside your lung to filter the water that builds up your lung from the air we breathe.
you have now asbestosis.
Is it common to her and what type of people come into hospital? Cheers

I've not read up on it, I should do and probably will, as I said my mates wife got £30,000 paid out before he died so a fund is set aside. So who has put this fund in place? Obviously the big boys who where on it in the 50's who probably own everything we touch at the minute. Ok put £50 billion aside for paying out but what we also do is get rid of it hmmmmmmmm an industry that turns over £200 billion. What a great idea we sell them something and they will sell it us back :)

I've not read up on it, I should do and probably will, as I said my mates wife got £30,000 paid out before he died so a fund is set aside. So who has put this fund in place? Obviously the big boys who where on it in the 50's who probably own everything we touch at the minute. Ok put £50 billion aside for paying out but what we also do is get rid of it hmmmmmmmm an industry that turns over £200 billion. What a great idea we sell them something and they will sell it us back :)

asbestosis is an industrial disease, that is why there is a payment to spouse, from the government.
when we stopped using asbestos, the asbestos mines in south africa were abandoned and just left open.

Is it common to her and what type of people come into hospital? Cheers

pipe laggers from the 60s and 70s, carpenters, plumbers, scrap yard workers. people start to complain that they have a flu like illness that does not clear up, they are then sent to the london chest hospital for tests.
blue asbestos is a good resistor to heat, packed into commercial ovens, train carriages and used in housing as an insulator.
white asbestos as in asbestos cement sheets was considered a low risk, it was not banned to a few years later.

I think if health and safety are going to insist on hats and goggles and gloves to keep ur hands soft then they should also feel obligated to inform people how potentially bad other aspects are or can be to your health. I started plastering after asbestos was banned. Nobody ever told me to wear a mask or that in fact the was asbestos in everything I was working with

I think if health and safety are going to insist on hats and goggles and gloves to keep ur hands soft then they should also feel obligated to inform people how potentially bad other aspects are or can be to your health. I started plastering after asbestos was banned. Nobody ever told me to wear a mask or that in fact the was asbestos in everything I was working with

I think they should to.

Status
Not open for further replies.