Artex ceiling, Zombie mix, strategy advice please,

Members online

Only 3 coats on 1 of the patterns which was heavy snowfall/ Avalanche pattern which I should of bonded out. I'd invested in the speed skim and bought into the theory of applying next coat straight away. Yeah I should of let it pull in. Good to be aware of mistakes learning the hard way. That's why I reskimmed the one which looked like sea sick. I thank you lads.
I'm guessing seasick was swirl pattern?

I'm guessing seasick was swirl pattern?
Don't think it matters what pattern artex is you, I can't see how anyone can get a good finish skimming straight over first coat. It'll be all pitted when you look closely at it

Right I can't stand by and ignore this any longer.
My old man was putting various amounts of Bonding in his finish at times long, long before @zombie had ever touched a trowel.
So, fourth with the mix will be known as 'The Alan mix'. Don't make me take legal action against you all.
Same mate, my old man was doing that when I was still in nappies. Lol

Always done it myself , also do it with mixing hardwall coats , first neat , second mix , no devil float early on with top skim

My old man was putting various amounts of Bonding in his finish at times long, long before @zombie had ever touched a trowel.
So, fourth with the mix will be known as 'The Alan mix'. Don't make me take legal action against you all.

Dont blame me pal I've never said I'm the F*****g prophet of plastering!!!

It cringes the f**k out of me when people call it that also!!!

At least it will be known as the Zombie mix on here with up and coming plasterers but the people in the know know other wise ;)

Hey lads, did a 15m2 artex ceiling this morning. Applied the Alan Zombie dual mix, speedskim flatten, allowed to pull right in, 2cd coat went on lovely. The house went from an ice box to Tarzan hot in a week, they got a new boiler and the rads were pumping when I turned up. So that played a huge part in it hanging forever last week. I got it wrong thinking I could apply immediate coats because I was equipped with the speed-skim . Cheers

When I started off in the building game as a window fitters mate back in the early eighties (hardwood and ally just before Upvc) I was always told to knock up 50/50 bonding and skim when we patched up reveals.

The games up , we now know who's responsible for the evolution of the dreaded stick on bead cladding that couldn't be removed without damage
Window fitters mantra
"if in doubt trim it out "
made worse if the f**k**s silicone it on !!!!!!!!!!!

It was true craftsmanship trimming up after replacing box sash windows with hardwood.
The upvc lot lowered the standard to where it is today.