Apprentice Progression

Also on Gettin slabbered at day in day out though,f**k that. I wouldn't have took it,years ago I'd have flipped out or stormed off site (before I emptied them) then got to stage where id just laugh and tell them to f**k off when my temper was easier to hold. If I made a mistake, a quiet word to the side would be the way for it, id be annoyed enough at myself for making a mistake.really annoys me if something isn't left as it should be.

Thats why i was soft on the lad in his 3rd year and as i say i only shouted acouple of times when he f**k*d up. I didnt think he would quit especially knowing him as i did but obviously in my case it backfired but what goes around comes around and things happen for a reason wether we like it or not?
Bet you only shouted cos it was a basic he f**k*d up on as well things they do day in day out and when left alone forget

Also on Gettin slabbered at day in day out though,f**k that. I wouldn't have took it,years ago I'd have flipped out or stormed off site (before I emptied them) then got to stage where id just laugh and tell them to f**k off when my temper was easier to hold. If I made a mistake, a quiet word to the side would be the way for it, id be annoyed enough at myself for making a mistake.really annoys me if something isn't left as it should be.
Years later after I had left them I met up a couple of times for a beer I asked why they was so hard on me they said they knew I had it in me to make it and was just getting max out of me I'm a stubborn f**k*r and always wanted to show them I could do it regardless of abuse

I find it easier to be at work with a cold or flu than moping about all day indoors but one I can't do is shits I had norovirus in November I was in a bad way no way could I work with what was happening to me

Noroviris is bad for anybody unlucky to get it.

My Mother got and passed it on to had contact with her then they pased it on to their contacts. Certainly a fast way of losing weight.

I spent a full week with her and got away with it. Only one that did.

Always wore latex gloves and washed everything.

Bet you only shouted cos it was a basic he f**k*d up on as well things they do day in day out and when left alone forget
I get annoyed when they have learnt something and can do it without being watched or told and you assume they can be left to carry on by themselves and you go to see how they are getting on sometime later and its either not right or bodged in some way. Its like theyve spent their time texting or whatever then realised the time then rushed and f**k*d up

Was the way of it. Also ppl learn differently, generally shouting wouldn't work on me. It would get my back up, and make me defensive. And would depend on whether or not I felt it merited it. Plus I was a wee hot head so if u shout at. Me u get shouted at back. Also I was 21 when I started labouring to spreads and picked it up from there, so wasn't just a kid straight out of school too. Likely have been different if I'd a went in at 16ish lol

Noroviris is bad for anybody unlucky to get it.

My Mother got and passed it on to had contact with her then they pased it on to their contacts. Certainly a fast way of losing weight.

I spent a full week with her and got away with it. Only one that did.

Always wore latex gloves and washed everything.
I've had 3 times in last 2 years it's awful normally I can work if feel rough but this was both ends same time I was in agony i almost cried that I wanted it to stop drink water 3 secs later up it comes feel drained as well it's hard to describe I had swine flu when that was about I was so ill with it only way I can describe it is your head feels like you been beaten up your got then cold the aches are something else can't move sleep loads had 2 weeks off thought I was ok but then week after I was back 30 blokes on site got it,I think that's where my OCD comes from with washing my hands I won't open a public toilet with my hand either sleeve over hand or wait for someone to open it I've got better but at my worst I was washing my hands 50 times a day if not more I didn't realise I was doing it til my Mrs said you are washing your hands away, what makes me laugh now is when I was proper bad I actually wore rubber gloves on the tube when working uptown like what the Chinese do I got laughed at but to me it was a big problem all the germs people cough in their hands then hold a pole in carriage proper freaked me out lucky I don't go London now and it's me in my van

I get annoyed when they have learnt something and can do it without being watched or told and you assume they can be left to carry on by themselves and you go to see how they are getting on sometime later and its either not right or bodged in some way. Its like theyve spent their time texting or whatever then realised the time then rushed and f**k*d up
Think the term is being taken as a c u n t and is fkin disrespectful. :mad:

Was the way of it. Also ppl learn differently, generally shouting wouldn't work on me. It would get my back up, and make me defensive. And would depend on whether or not I felt it merited it. Plus I was a wee hot head so if u shout at. Me u get shouted at back. Also I was 21 when I started labouring to spreads and picked it up from there, so wasn't just a kid straight out of school too. Likely have been different if I'd a went in at 16ish lol
I never gave backchat or cheek to the old boys who trained me. I was 16 when i started. I got bollocked if i f**k*d up but thats how you learn. But when i did well it was recognised. I cant have anybody shouting at me at all as i wouldnt stand for it.

It's an art knowing the plaster and when we can leave it and do something else while waiting for it to go they don't realise taken years to know that and we have all been caught out at some point it's more a I don't tell you to be a smart arse I say it cos I'm right thing is now when the next one comes along I might approach it that if you wanna learn I show you it's your future I'm giving you a trade and one day u can be where I am if not I don't care if you leave tomo

I never gave backchat or cheek to the old boys who trained me. I was 16 when i started. I got bollocked if i f**k*d up but thats how you learn. But when i did well it was recognised. I cant have anybody shouting at me at all as i wouldnt stand for it.
It's hard to learn constructive criticism

It's hard to learn constructive criticism
I always speak to others how i expect to be spoken to myself. In regard to my apprentice in the 3 years i think i shouted at him 2 or 3 times?? I know im no good if i start to loose my rag and it has consequences so id describe it as a firm talking to without shouting and pointing out why i was annoyed and what should have been done or not done

I always speak to others how i expect to be spoken to myself. In regard to my apprentice in the 3 years i think i shouted at him 2 or 3 times?? I know im no good if i start to loose my rag and it has consequences so id describe it as a firm talking to without shouting and pointing out why i was annoyed and what should have been done or not done
Hahah depends on how he took it as well though I get frustrated at when they can't grasp basics

Bit like having a dog really Greg be nice train it ,or it will bite you and s**t on the carpet !

Hahah depends on how he took it as well though I get frustrated at when they can't grasp basics
He soon learnt to be fair. He did very well and im just annoyed how he was happy to chuck it all in with only a week to go till he finished his level 3. I was bloody angry but kept my cool and told him to finish the course then leave should he so wish. Which is what he did

He soon learnt to be fair. He did very well and im just annoyed how he was happy to chuck it all in with only a week to go till he finished his level 3. I was bloody angry but kept my cool and told him to finish the course then leave should he so wish. Which is what he did
He will be back I bet my house on it

If it's "right"..... then it's right (workwise)..... so, anything not "right",must therefore be wrong, no?
How many times do you correct the young grasshopper before f**k**g him off out of it?
I think some people are better teachers than others (I'm an other)...... no patience.....

It's a tricky balance for progression. Tough love but not enough to take the wind out of them cos they just get disheartened and then your carrying them all the time. Can be a needle in a haystack. Nothing worse than keep going over the same stuff and it still doesn't click

If it's "right"..... then it's right (workwise)..... so, anything not "right",must therefore be wrong, no?
How many times do you correct the young grasshopper before f**k**g him off out of it?
I think some people are better teachers than others (I'm an other)...... no patience.....
I knew the lad before he started he was 23 good grafter and not interessted in going out getting pissed all he did was train martial arts that was his thing. I thought if i can train some lad to a decent standard it takes some pressure off me as lets face it we aint getting any younger. That was my plan and i invested a lot of time and trouble to train that lad and just when it was about to start for real (him finishing his apprenticeship ) it ended. Perhaps for the best? I dont know? As said in a previous post, i will be changing my work load etc this coming year as i need to spend more time at home

Can understand how that would get on someone's goat. Disrespectful to just f**k off after all that time invested into them. Of course can see how someone would want to go do their own thing after a while, but at that stage, still so much to learn and pick up. Could have been someone in his ear alright, telling him he could get this that or the next thing doin such and such. If he's not that quick yet he won't cover himself on site, be prepared for a grovelling phone call In the not to distant.

I always do as well... can never do the tape and knife thing :D Well I can but i get a better accurate line with an edge :D

we just ping a chalk line on the plasterboard and cut it freehand. it is a lot quicker the holding a straight edge .

I think most of us if we had a tick list for an apprentice would have
Reliability
Honesty
Keen
Clean/tidy
Would definitely be on the list? Along with milf mother no wait hang on wrong list thats on my interview list ffs :oops:

Apprentices milf landlady should also be taken into consideration along with girlfriends mother .