anyone used this or is it another gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys,if this s**t really saved time wed be using it on site right now !!!!!
The reaspon were not using it is becuse if theres a fire the boards will fall of in seconds if they last up there that long.
Personally i think its a gimmick,ok for little bits here and there b ut not suitable for full boards.

Building regs say that if their is a fire the boards can part from the walls as the fire can damage the foam hence a couple of hammer fixings.

I might have confused this a bit as i didnt look at the vid you only need the fixings on insulation boards that was the foam i was referring to, i think.

ive used it loads, (instastix) brill, but u must put gyproc knock in rawl plugs in each board 100mm down and 25mm in from both top corners to comply with part e building regs and conform with fire regs 2008, plugs stop the boards falling off the wall for at least 1/2 an hour if theres a fire
ps dont 4get the parge coat ;)

lucius said:
Its great stuff. doing a lot of integral garage conversions lately and it works fine as long as the walls are plumb and cheaper than D&B addy just have to watch it as it some time expands a little also needs some hammer fixings put in in case of fire the bonus is you can skim on it within an hour, well i do anyway.
Lucius
i agree, been there, done it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.