anyone used this or is it another gimmick?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol fk me roofer where you been? locked up in a box for the last 8 months ;D
we were stickin window boards on with gun foam 20 years ago....
not something id use for dabbin boards on though....
specially not onto studwork when ive got some nice handy little screw type things...
theres quite a few different chemical mixes for gun foam, appaently the crack is with this stuff is its low expansion, quick setting... thats it.... other than that its polyeurethane foam... same as we used to stick window boards on with...
give it a shot mate, heres a tip -
if someone ever cuts you up in a open top car in the middle of summer....
grab a tin of foam out the back, give it a bloody good shake (well get your labourer to do it)
catch the git...
prick the can with the tip of your stanley...
lob it in the back of his motor....
my mate did years ago.... ;D

it may stick boards. but apart from the wall ive built in my garden i have never plasterd a wall that is anywhere near flat level or in twist. so how could you pull a wall with it

Chris W said:
specially not onto studwork when ive got some nice handy little screw type things...
theres quite a few different chemical mixes for gun foam, appaently the crack is with this stuff is its low expansion, quick setting... thats it.... other than that its polyeurethane foam... same as we used to stick window boards on with...
grab a tin of foam out the back, give it a bloody good shake (well get your labourer to do it)
catch the git...
(french person) the can with the tip of your stanley...

i wonder if you would die if you put the tube in your month and sprayed it in?

Used foam for fitting doors n windows and General building Chris but to be honest i have never stuck boards with it. The way i see it is that unless your wall is totally plumb it can'y compete with dabs for banging level!! Seen it in TP's but never seen anyone buy it!!!

Roofer2plasterer said:
Used foam for fitting doors n windows and General building Chris but to be honest i have never stuck boards with it. The way i see it is that unless your wall is totally plumb it can'y compete with dabs for banging level!! Seen it in TP's but never seen anyone buy it!!!

theres a reason why no one buys it! if you do domestic then the walls are normally quite shite for level so its useless.

steve cov said:
Roofer2plasterer said:

theres a reason why no one buys it! if you do domestic then the walls are normally quite (german word)e for level so its useless.
Even on site where say the walls were true and flat what site is gonna pay out for that much gear hmmm NONE.

What it is good for is if you have some board that has come away from the wall or not enough dab has been put on, you can punch a 8mm hole through the board inject some foam and it'll sort out your problem. well it works for me anyway. ;)

jord218 said:
What it is good for is if you have some board that has come away from the wall or not enough dab has been put on, you can punch a 8mm hole through the board inject some foam and it'll sort out your problem. well it works for me anyway. ;)
How much is it?

Bruce Willis said:
jord218 said:
Cheapest i've paid is £5.29 + vat for the Pink Grip Dryfix. You need the gun which are about £15, but I only paid a fiver for mine.
How much is it?

Foam is £5 to £7 a tin gun about £20. I use the stuff quite alot. if your boarding and your bords arnt spot on it's also good for filling any large joins and also hleps pull in the board to the adge of a wall or ceiling. once it goes off (20mins ish) cut back with a sharp trowel and it can be plasterd straight over.

up to five boards but the walls have to be plumb or you'll be wasting your dosh, I borded out an office in an industrial unit and it saved me time and money. You can skim the board the same day as you stick um on! NICE ;D

jord218 said:
Got to admit I thought this stuff was a load of rubbish but your idea Jord218 sounds a good one.

jord218 said:
up to five boards but the walls have to be plumb or you'll be wasting your dosh, I borded out an office in an industrial unit and it saved me time and money. You can skim the board the same day as you stick um on! NICE ;D

If your overboarding you can gat away with out cutting you board to fit to the timber, run a line of foam down the end of the board and put 25mm screws stright through new and old board and thats enough to hold it. saves you hours!

spunky said:
have you got a tin mate does it stick to artex ?

Sticks to most stuff, also good for sticking celotex on to most back grounds. also if you have a solid wall or reveal you neen to put a corner bead on and your nails are flying of everywhere or you breaking the edge, if you run a thin line of the stuff down the inside of the bead leave for about 3 mins it'll stick to the corner for you. if any spues out let it set then cut it of the bead, there you go ready to skim ;)

Its great stuff. doing a lot of integral garage conversions lately and it works fine as long as the walls are plumb and cheaper than D&B addy just have to watch it as it some time expands a little also needs some hammer fixings put in in case of fire the bonus is you can skim on it within an hour, well i do anyway.
Lucius

lucius said:
Its great stuff. doing a lot of integral garage conversions lately and it works fine as long as the walls are plumb and cheaper than D&B addy just have to watch it as it some time expands a little also needs some hammer fixings put in in case of fire the bonus is you can skim on it within an hour, well i do anyway.
Lucius
How do you mean hammer fixings incase of fire?

oasis said:
Chris W said:
catch the git...
(french person) the can with the tip of your stanley...

i wonder if you would die if you put the tube in your month and sprayed it in?

what do you think you silly c**t lol

I skimmed a conservatory for a builder and he'd stuck all the boards with this sh1t. A few of the boards in the corners had a bit of bounce in them and the thin window reveals were easily pulled off (he'd put one reveal on wrong and I re-did it with bonding)

in short i thought it was expanding toss - for those not keen on adding powder to water.

No doubt it has it's uses for little bits and pieces but i don't think he should've done an entire conservatory with it. Maybe i'm just resistant to change... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.