Anyone getting much magnetic work?

Members online

Tinytom

As per the title really lads, anyone getting much magnetic work? I work in a lot of schools nurseries etc and I'm always trying to push the product but not had anything yet. They all think it sounds a good idea but not interested in having any.

Ive took my foot off the gas as regards pushing it coz I'm concentrating on something else, but When I push it I usually get something. Everyone thinks it's brilliant after they get over the initial "are you taking the piss" lol @BritishGypsum could do a lot more to push it, I've given them plenty of ideas and some they have gone with and some they have stabbed me in the back but that's big business so I'm told. I have some great ideas for it but don't really want to share coz I can't be arsed coz it falls on deaf ears, the product has been out over two years but most of the people who sell it don't have a clue they sell it. It's like the best kept secret in my opinion which is a shame, and like I've said before the marketing to it is a complete shambles and heads should roll, from the minute it was brought out up until the present time, piss up in a brewery springs to mind, but to be fair there are others who see the benefit to it and are flying :)

As per the title really lads, anyone getting much magnetic work? I work in a lot of schools nurseries etc and I'm always trying to push the product but not had anything yet. They all think it sounds a good idea but not interested in having any.
When you push it , have you got samples to show them there and then ? Might not be a deal breaker to have but might be, tbh Flynny is kind of right you have to keep on pushing it and every now and again the odd job comes through, tbh it's never gonna be a full time job but when one comes in it enjoyable to do

When you push it , have you got samples to show them there and then ? Might not be a deal breaker to have but might be, tbh Flynny is kind of right you have to keep on pushing it and every now and again the odd job comes through, tbh it's never gonna be a full time job but when one comes in it enjoyable to do
Naaa no samples, I have enough pics and they usually have a fridge full of magnets so I just say it's like that :)

Naaa no samples, I have enough pics and they usually have a fridge full of magnets so I just say it's like that :)
Sorry mate I meant has tinytom got any samples, like the render guys have there Weber boards with the colours to show customers, same if he had a small sample magnetic board he could then show them there and then , I think customers like to kinda touch and feel what they are interested in if they can, might get him a few jobs booked in if talking about it hasn't worked for him

Good idea @Vincey I'd not thought of that. I'm not expecting a full time job out of it, just to add another service to offer my customers and bring in a bit more work.
I think I'll get a bag and knock up a sample board, just screw some plasterboard to a plywood backing and trim some old arcy round it or something similar.
I think once I manage to get it into a few nurseries or schools it might spread the word around a bit, no one Iv ever mentioned it to has ever heard of it.

Good idea @Vincey I'd not thought of that. I'm not expecting a full time job out of it, just to add another service to offer my customers and bring in a bit more work.
I think I'll get a bag and knock up a sample board, just screw some plasterboard to a plywood backing and trim some old arcy round it or something similar.
I think once I manage to get it into a few nurseries or schools it might spread the word around a bit, no one Iv ever mentioned it to has ever heard of it.
I know a guy down Plymouth he has been plugging away at different places to get magnetic work , today he did his first one at his daughters school, only small low areas and something for his portfolio for future jobs, schools seem a good idea to try asking but also plug away at domestics if you have a small sample board with a few cheap magnets on I recon eventually you gonna get a few jobs mate , this was the guys job today , good money too for skimming work
IMG_9315.JPG
IMG_9316.JPG
IMG_9318.JPG

Looks good. Has he run it upto a stop lat on the middle pic? Does it feather out ok?
Tbh I'm not sure on that picture stop bead is good idea , you can feather same as multi etc but it won't have the magnetic "pull" unless it's at least 3mm but ideally 5/6mm thick tom

Tbh I'm not sure on that picture stop bead is good idea , you can feather same as multi etc but it won't have the magnetic "pull" unless it's at least 3mm but ideally 5/6mm thick tom
Yeah I get that but I'm just thinking about making it more affordable by say just skimming the lower 4ft of a wall where the nippers can reach upto

Mag plaster is now one of the top 5 selling products for Smarter Surfaces so definitely a lot of business out there :) my advice would be to make sure you are visible online, we have a lot of businesses buying from us and then they google someone who can apply the product for them.

The only jobs I've done have been freebies except my daughters room. She paying in installments with he pocket money. Did her a competitive rate at 5%

Waste of time doing schools cos they are always skint.

That magnetic paint is the business,much faster and cheaper than BG plaster,easier to get hold of ,they deceiver within 2/3 working days , the BG stuff is like rocking horse s**t ,it's very rare

That magnetic paint is the business,much faster and cheaper than BG plaster,easier to get hold of ,they deceiver within 2/3 working days , the BG stuff is like rocking horse s**t ,it's very rare
The paint Is crap and needs quite a few coats, its very expensive, comes in a few colours and once painted over it's gone. You can get BG magnetic plaster from any B&Q within five days if you order it. The smarter stuff is also similar to a paint and just as strong so there is a choice but I wouldn't recommend the paint.