Any tip to set adhesive fast

Members online

Half time isn't available in the Chelmsford Wickes, well not unless you want to order some in special.

Haven't checked yet Andy, just going by a recent post on here about it being sold in Wickes. Prob take a while for it to be included in their stock.

Nice carp BTW :)

Ffs trying to save the builder money? This is the problem, you can dab and skim it straight away it's not a problem it doesn't really shrink much, the problem is your keeping a builder sweet who is using you to finish the s**t off. He will eventually have you over guaranteed.

Ffs trying to save the builder money? This is the problem, you can dab and skim it straight away it's not a problem it doesn't really shrink much, the problem is your keeping a builder sweet who is using you to finish the s**t off. He will eventually have you over guaranteed.
I class builder as a mate . Pays me every fri or before . Waits for me on every job always a little drink on end so don’t mind really . Plus he not moaned when I,ve been done at 3 all week but that 4 .30 finish yesterday was horrible . Won’t be doing that again soon

And when a few tiles come of roof . He went up when all roofers wouldn’t still wind stopped and sorted it for a drink .

Mix up adhesive before you leave home or 45 mins before you get to job.. I used to do this and still do with plaster. Pull over somewhere and mix up. Have to get a move on when yo get to Job.. Or stick that half time setting agent in it.. Wickes sell now.. Not tried myself

Mix up adhesive before you leave home or 45 mins before you get to job.. I used to do this and still do with plaster. Pull over somewhere and mix up. Have to get a move on when yo get to Job.. Or stick that half time setting agent in it.. Wickes sell now.. Not tried myself
You.ve pulled over and done a mix . Thats mental . Lol

You.ve pulled over and done a mix . Thats mental . Lol
Loads of times. If a small ceiling I have a camping water container. Would pull over and mix when 30 mins away from job... Somewhere out the way of course. Walk in a bang on and getting second skim on in no time. Also patching up holes ect.. Mix up before you get to job.. I've even mixed 2 batches in the past 30 mins apart.. Bang one on clean around then bang the second on. Clean up kit. Finish off with final skim and gone in under 2 hours... Would take 4+ hours as I'd be waiting for sets..

I tried the New Adhesive that's in B&Q, it dries quicker than the Old one. It grabs better too. Make Good Plasterboard Adhesive. its also cheaper. win win.

Loads of times. If a small ceiling I have a camping water container. Would pull over and mix when 30 mins away from job... Somewhere out the way of course. Walk in a bang on and getting second skim on in no time. Also patching up holes ect.. Mix up before you get to job.. I've even mixed 2 batches in the past 30 mins apart.. Bang one on clean around then bang the second on. Clean up kit. Finish off with final skim and gone in under 2 hours... Would take 4+ hours as I'd be waiting for sets..

never heard anyone doing that before... halftime must be a godsend for you now

Can’t imagine pulling in on the M50 and starting to mix.
f**k that . Guaranteed some one will come over and say if ye got a bit left and chance ye could just do i tiny job . Hate it when neighbours on jobs come out free loading