Any tip to set adhesive fast

John j

Mono Don
Got one wall to go back to as waiting on bi folds to get fitted. Only bout 3 boards to skim but got to dot reveals on. Like builder so dont want to be charging him for day by having to wait for reveals to set. Any way to make adhesive set fast .

Mix it thick use plenty of dots, stick beads on with dab and skim. Adhesive will set before the skim does. Or over mix the adhesive left it for 10 mins while you cut the boards and whisk it up again. Sets like mad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one wall to go back to as waiting on bi folds to get fitted. Only bout 3 boards to skim but got to dot reveals on. Like builder so dont want to be charging him for day by having to wait for reveals to set. Any way to make adhesive set fast .

I use the foam adhesive for reveals if that's all that has t be boarded. It's solid in 15 minutes and no mess from mixing etc. (y)

Mate don’t worry Just charge for the day. Where else you gonna go and make your days money up?

To be fair if I don' get ceiling on tomorrow its gonna be a day . Builders sound so dont like having his pants down. Plus I.d rather go home n go out on bike lol

Went to a job other day . All decorated . Anyway three boards had come loose. God know how it never cracked but builder said pull em of and redo. ( we not done job to start). Fully decorated. Customer really didn' want mess so we drilled plenty of holes . Filled em all with fixing foam n filled em. Know some joiners who did some boarding with foam and they said it' a pain

That foam we used was fixing foam .set in five mins . The filler wouldnt dry though so we left it for builder to sand

Insta stik I think it’s called

That's the stuff. It's quite expensive for large areas, but for little bits that you don't want to be hanging about all day for it's ideal.

I've used it on reveals, but also things like blocking up an extractor or boiler vent hole. Exp foam in the hole to block and insulate, chip around it to expose the brick/block, stick the board and patch/skim the wall. (y)

That's the stuff. It's quite expensive for large areas, but for little bits that you don't want to be hanging about all day for it's ideal.

I've used it on reveals, but also things like blocking up an extractor or boiler vent hole. Exp foam in the hole to block and insulate, chip around it to expose the brick/block, stick the board and patch/skim the wall. (y)
Ive used it on reveals ect always worked well for me

How far away is job? Could you mix in back of van before setting off
Hmmmm . Well they have asked me to do bit more . (Behind builders back, I know dont like to). But if I stick reveals on then go do little ceiling .
I can skim round bi olds in afternoon and just bill em seperate to make it a day . Every cloud

Better still . Unifinish ceiling 1st coat with so.e of that quick set s**t. 5 mins. Stick reveals on . 10 mins. Second coat cealing with board finish . Then skim round bi folds with some quick set s**t be home for 2 out on mtb.