Another new trowel from NELA - PREMIUM ELITE

I'm finding I'm using the 14" MT and Nela Black flexi more tbh. Although just done a ceiling yesterday over stippled artex, put on with the 14" MT and used the 16" Nela to give it a flatten between coats and first trowel, switching over to the 14" Nela Black flexi for 2nd trowel. Polished off with the 16" to break it in more. I find the Nela Black Premium Elite a nice comfortable trowel to use as it doesn't rag my knuckles like the MT. Pity I didn't get the 14" version instead of the MT (although I bought and used the MT the same morning as I needed a longer trowel for a staircase job where my 11" didn't fit behind the floating treads)

I don't think I'll be buying anymore trowels otherwise I'll end up not using them all.
You’ve used more trowels in one set than I’ve used in 40 years plastering :rolleyes:

Once upon a time spreads would use a new trowel for screeding first, then floating and finally skimming. Never more than three trowels in their tool bag, just two most of the time.
That’s all my father had,one for skimming and one for sand and cement.

I’m of the opposite persuasion oli, the more worn,the stiffer it got imo
That would only happen if you used loads of edge and made the trowel narrower, rather than thinner Andy. With s&c work you're not grinding the edge down. I've probably got some incredibly thin trowels knocking about that were used for floating.

That would only happen if you used loads of edge and made the trowel narrower, rather than thinner Andy. With s&c work you're not grinding the edge down. I've probably got some incredibly thin trowels knocking about that were used for floating.
Mm Ookkkkkkkkk

I’m of the opposite persuasion oli, the more worn,the stiffer it got imo
ryan reynolds wtf GIF

I'm finding I'm using the 14" MT and Nela Black flexi more tbh. Although just done a ceiling yesterday over stippled artex, put on with the 14" MT and used the 16" Nela to give it a flatten between coats and first trowel, switching over to the 14" Nela Black flexi for 2nd trowel. Polished off with the 16" to break it in more. I find the Nela Black Premium Elite a nice comfortable trowel to use as it doesn't rag my knuckles like the MT. Pity I didn't get the 14" version instead of the MT (although I bought and used the MT the same morning as I needed a longer trowel for a staircase job where my 11" didn't fit behind the floating treads)

I don't think I'll be buying anymore trowels otherwise I'll end up not using them all.
I must be good did a ceiling today whith one worn in Mt trowel!

hows he getting on mate
All good. (y)

We both got pinged with track and trace self isolation at different times. But the enforced couple of weeks off didn't seem to upset him too much. I think the rest did him good as he keeps saying he's "getting too old for this sh1t!" :LOL: