An Old Dog CAN Learn New Tricks!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as you are a capable spread Casper I think you will be amazed as me just how quick your gauges/sets will be by being able to go over sooner without water! I always thought the idea of no water troweling up was nonsence but here I am holding my hand up admitting I was wrong!

Capable Spread.........:p. That's one for the One Liner thread

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I darnt ask what you would describe a fellow spread as round your way Arti?? :RpS_scared:
:RpS_lol:

That's different? Would look good on an ad....…looking for a gang of Geordie Dancers for big contract :-D

been using these trowels and placcies for some time now and wouldnt use anything else for setting, the mts are just for floating and rendering now

Got my 16" s*p*r*lex through today. Looking forward to trying it on Saturday. Have to say at the minute can't see how it can be that special but we shall see...

Oh f**k £38 spent and another trowel. I hope I like it as much as marshy.

Got my 16" s*p*r*lex through today. Looking forward to trying it on Saturday. Have to say at the minute can't see how it can be that special but we shall see...
Feel free to share your thoughts on the forum, I only did 2 small gauges/sets just in case but was so easy and all I did on the last two trowels was wipe the blade with my flat brush clean and that was it, no water splashed on the wall at all

Oh f**k £38 spent and another trowel. I hope I like it as much as marshy.

So do I for you pal, I hope your experience is the same as mine and I take a lot of convincing. Let me know how you get on ? :RpS_thumbup:

Hello lads n lasses,
As promised I used my new 16" stainless s*p*r*lex today on a small boarded out room about 4x3.5m2 and I'm absolutely gobsmacked!! All troweled to a top finish WITHOUT water!! I'm still perplexed as it goes against everything I have ever known,shown or trained to do!!??
The only water I used was a quick wipe of the blade every so often on the last 2 trowels. I admit I still have some tweaking regarding my timing on going over the plaster but I was in genuine awe over this trowel.
A lot of you know I harp on about being old school prefering sand/cement to anything else etc but if it wasn't for some of your reviews on these trowels I'd have carried on in my stubborn ways. So I'm just glad I took the gamble on your good advice and my only regret is not doing it sooner!
I have never ever finished any skim without the odd splash of water and using this trowel you simply don't need to. My 2 gauges/sets were done much quicker without hardly any pressure on the old arms/shoulders as normal polishing up.
If anybody wants a trowel to save time and effort on their skimming work? The stainless s*p*r*lex trowel is a must for you!! Trust me and I never say this without meaning it, you won't be dissapointed!!
Cheers for reading my drivvle,
Marshy
PS Refina havnt paid me anything, not even any freebies!!.......not even a TPF mug !!! :RpS_crying: :RpS_thumbup:
glad you like it marshy :RpS_thumbsup:

Am very impressed which takes a lot for me really, I might even now see what all this speed skim shenanigans is all about lol :-0 !!???? :RpS_laugh:

Bloody hell Jesssop!! My new trowel named after you what's gonna happen if I get speed skim because of you as well !?? :RpS_laugh:

Are you insinuating that I'm a sheep John!?? Following the crowd?? .........or that I sleep with them and have a house full ?? :RpS_laugh:

I preffered the sleeping with sheep and having lots in the house John :-D

Whats that @jamesthefirst?? An immigrant stuck to a speedskim? Probably trying to pinch it lol ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats that @jamesthefirst?? An immigrant stuck to a speedskim? Probably trying to pinch it lol ;-)

Sorry .ate but yku dont get a like cos it was a s*p*r*lex trowel not speedskim. 100 lines must drink more beer. :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
First job with the s*p*r*lex and I'm pretty impressed with it. Did a ceiling and 2 walls that were very bad condition. Laid on as usual with the 14" mt and used the s*p*r*lex to flatten and on the first coat I was surprised on how flat I could get it, on board work it would be great. I wouldn't say it gets it any smoother but it's definitely a lot easier to finish up, but it takes less pressure which is good for the shoulder! For me I got the best results closing the angle right up which makes the trowel flex more. Might be tempted with a 14" to lay on with as don't get on with 16" for this.

Great trowel. I've been using a s*p*r*lex for nearly two years and I wouldn't go back to Marshal town. I scratch, lay in and trowel up once with s*p*r*lex and last trowel up with plastic. Just wish I could get to grip with speedskim but not for me.

s*p*r*lex arrived yestaday will have to wait till teus to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.