An Old Dog CAN Learn New Tricks!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Private Member
Hello lads n lasses,
As promised I used my new 16" stainless s*p*r*lex today on a small boarded out room about 4x3.5m2 and I'm absolutely gobsmacked!! All troweled to a top finish WITHOUT water!! I'm still perplexed as it goes against everything I have ever known,shown or trained to do!!??
The only water I used was a quick wipe of the blade every so often on the last 2 trowels. I admit I still have some tweaking regarding my timing on going over the plaster but I was in genuine awe over this trowel.
A lot of you know I harp on about being old school prefering sand/cement to anything else etc but if it wasn't for some of your reviews on these trowels I'd have carried on in my stubborn ways. So I'm just glad I took the gamble on your good advice and my only regret is not doing it sooner!
I have never ever finished any skim without the odd splash of water and using this trowel you simply don't need to. My 2 gauges/sets were done much quicker without hardly any pressure on the old arms/shoulders as normal polishing up.
If anybody wants a trowel to save time and effort on their skimming work? The stainless s*p*r*lex trowel is a must for you!! Trust me and I never say this without meaning it, you won't be dissapointed!!
Cheers for reading my drivvle,
Marshy
PS Refina havnt paid me anything, not even any freebies!!.......not even a TPF mug !!! :RpS_crying: :RpS_thumbup:

attachment.php

Great review Marshy, gonna have to get me one of them there Refinas.
Andy they REALLY are that good I never thought I'd be holding my hand up, but I am @scottie5 and everybody else who convinced me to get one for myself. Can't thank them enough. Really never thought skimming could be so easy I almost felt guilty today lol :RpS_laugh: anyway I've been much too serious and need some alcoholic refreshment?? Refina!!! You owe these lads a beer or 3 !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great mate aren't they. Keep them safe . Very easy to get little nick on them

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Great mate aren't they. Keep them safe . Very easy to get little nick on them

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App
Yes mines wrapped in a towel and its called Jesssop lol (long story) need to get a decent box to keep it in??? Wonder if a @beddy box may help ?? Mmmmm :RpS_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshy did you get on it earlier? I used one today and tbh I thought they were ok but nothing to have a wank over

The s*p*r*lex skimming trowel is made from a fine grade of stainless steel making it ultra flexible. The blade is tapered and has rounded edges, with a thin backing pad down the centre of the trowel to provide support. The s*p*r*lex trowels come with a soft moulded handle for a comfortable grip

The s*p*r*lex stainless steel skimming trowel can be used for finishing and smoothing plasters and special finishes on both walls and ceilings

• ultra flexible stainless steel
• rounded edges & tapered blade
• soft moulded handle
• for finishing & smoothing
• walls & ceilings
• plasters & special finishes
• made in Germany

12" Stainless Steel Skimming Trowel
Ref: 228193

s*p*r*lex Skimming Trowel
Size 300x130mm

Original trade price: £30.00

Price (ex VAT):
£25.00

Quantity:

14" Stainless Steel Skimming Trowel
Ref: 228194

Size 350x130mm

Original trade price: £32.00

This item is currently out of stock.
You can still order this item but please
be aware that it will not be shipped until
2nd week in January 2014

Price (ex VAT):
£25.00

Quantity:

16" Stainless Steel Skimming Trowel
Ref: 228196

Size 410x130mm

Original trade price: £34.00

2nd week in January 2014

Price (ex VAT):
£25.00

Quantity:

18" Stainless Steel Skimming Trowel
Ref: 228198

Size 460x130mm

Original trade price: £36.00

2nd week in January 2014

Price (ex VAT):
£25.00

Quantity:

GENUINE REFINA Ultra Fexible s*p*r*lex plastering Skimming Trowel 16" 228196 | eBay

this one marshy
That's the guy!!! :RpS_thumbsup: I ordered mine direct off Refina website was £38 inc deliver I think ?? Plus they send a catalogue out as well with other goodies but my missus has hidden mine! Or binned it?? Lol

Marshy did you get on it earlier? I used one today and tbh I thought they were ok but nothing to have a wank over
That's the thing spunky, what will marshy think of it in 3 months time,will it warp ,will it get many nicks,

Well I was well and truely strumming myself over this trowel Spunky. Yes it might not have pressed your buttons but I saved half an hour on each gauge/set as I'd normally take. But everybody is different and works in a different way?

Having just bought a house thats basically needs re building, im gonna do the plastering, SOooo with that in mind, which trowel do we recommend people? Links to the trowels would also help :)

That's the thing spunky, what will marshy think of it in 3 months time,will it warp ,will it get many nicks,
I'll probably do another thread but drunk whinging that its sh*t and hate plastering and going to work in Mc Donalds?? :RpS_laugh:

They dont warp because by the very nature of the trowel you do not have to apply hardly any pressure,
I been using these for a long time and apart from the one i dropped (and fooked right up) there bullet proof.

Yes mines wrapped in a towel and its called Jesssop lol (long story) need to get a decent box to keep it in??? Wonder if a @beddy box may help ?? Mmmmm :RpS_biggrin:
Two pieces of sparkys conduit cut along the length,keeps the edges from getting damaged in ur bag:RpS_thumbup:

They dont warp because by the very nature of the trowel you do not have to apply hardly any pressure,
I been using these for a long time and apart from the one i dropped (and fooked right up) there bullet proof.
Good to hear ScottieScottie

Having just bought a house thats basically needs re building, im gonna do the plastering, SOooo with that in mind, which trowel do we recommend people? Links to the trowels would also help :)
Mike if there is ever any piece of genuine advice I could give you?? Its get one of these and then marvel at just how easy our job can be if we want

Throw it on with a m/town, Finish with a s*p*r*lex:)
I did first coat with my m/t 16"stainless then second coated and trowelled with the refina so so easy with little pressure/effort. If I were a trout this morning? An angler would have caught me with his Refina lure and I'd have had my head coshed in with his priest by quarter to ten !! :RpS_lol:

Rhys you can do both but I can't bear to be without my beloved m/t 16" so I only second coated and finished with mine :RpS_biggrin:

Does it not do much the same as a plazzie as in you can finish earlier wth little or no water.

Status
Not open for further replies.