Am i missing summet???

Members online

zombie

Private Member
Going back to the thread where @algeeman says he coats & flattens skim start to finish with just a flexi trowel how come in the main its throwned on as in the flex wont produce flat walls but yet a speedskim is floppy plastic or spat of your choice apparently gets walls super dooper flat whats the difference???

Genuinley interested on peoples opinions not a swipe at anyone or methods

Going back to the thread where @algeeman says he coats & flattens skim start to finish with just a flexi trowel how come in the main its throwned on as in the flex wont produce flat walls but yet a speedskim is floppy plastic or spat of your choice apparently gets walls super dooper flat whats the difference???

Think @algeeman puts it.on that tight it's impossible not to be flat

Because the speedskim is a big plastic ruler,if you can two coat you can use a speedskim,it needs to be bang correct angle to take the right amount off.you can't get a flatter wall than using a speedskim correctly,if you aint a clue speedskim are s**t if you know how to use there the best tool ull own alongside your collated gun and mega mixer

Thanks

It's only smoothing what you layed on , if it's thick and messy your expecting too much
I like that it speeds up the set , seems to leave an open surface

Reactions: Jjj
1506701_635277806576453_9105295964323659207_n.jpg

Surely ye jest?
It’s like ruling off with a long straight edge.
It like the difference between using a boat level or a 6 foot level to check something is plumb. Boat level can sit in a small bump and gives a reading representing only a tiny area. Flexi is worse as flexes within a bump making more bumps
Kid who came with me other day had speed skim. Made a mess imo. Told him not to use it on bottom ( I was doing)
600mm or 1200mm?

Im on abiut 600mm not 1200mm
Who on earth flattens a wall with a 600? U might aswell just use a trowel..1200 for ceilings on pollard 1600 for walls.you can't compare flattening a 2.4 wall with a big arse 1600 ruler than flattening a wall using a 16" medi flex.theres no comparison.shame on you zombie

I use an MT to put on and flatten then all other trowel ups using medi.
This is only for one coating on board mind.

Who on earth flattens a wall with a 600? U might aswell just use a trowel..1200 for ceilings on pollard 1600 for walls.you can't compare flattening a 2.4 wall with a big arse 1600 ruler than flattening a wall using a 16" medi flex.theres no comparison.shame on you zombie

Spats are 600mm been using them since thin coat renders first started here. Tried speedskim and own the original grey 600 & 1200 dont like how they leave surface rubbery on skim.

Didnt know they even did bigger than 1200 they must be clumbersome

I don’t use a speed skam for that reason it’s a fecking cavity closer with a handle, total waste of time in my opinion. if u have to use one of them you can’t lay on properly.

Because the speedskim is a big plastic ruler,if you can two coat you can use a speedskim,it needs to be bang correct angle to take the right amount off.you can't get a flatter wall than using a speedskim correctly,if you aint a clue speedskim are s**t if you know how to use there the best tool ull own alongside your collated gun and mega mixer
Take the rite amount off lol, blows my mind the old speed skam. Take gear off ? y don’t u just lay it on properly and take next to no gear off ? lol

It’s not a ruler it’s a wonky bit of plastic that no doubt gets launched in the back of your van lol

Spats are 600mm been using them since thin coat renders first started here. Tried speedskim and own the original grey 600 & 1200 dont like how they leave surface rubbery on skim.
I got one of the firsts and didn’t like it but think they’re better now. Was thinking recently I should get one again. I’m constantly in houses with super high ceilings at the moment. I’d have to have an extension pole with an extension pole or something lol

For clarity what im trying to explain is forget sizes for a minute.

If all were 600mm for example then why would flattenig straight away with a s*p*r*lex be any different to a speedskim or spat in that there all blades with flex.