Aero-Therm Interior energy reflective products

Jobs are being done all over the country at the moment and that is with no advertising.... price is a factor but not for everyone...

Time will tell and we shall see :D We may be looking back on this thread in years to come laughing :D Either way I am looking forward to the journey where ever it leads :D

Any idea of how this works with a lime mortar substrate?

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk
The data sheet shows the following re: breathability -

Basic characteristics Performance/class Harmonized technical specification
Water vapour permeability EN ISO 7783-2 V2 mean EN 15824
Water permeability EN 1062-3 W1 high EN 15824

We believe the product works well with lime mortar.

Only believe ???

Would certainly open up a few more avenues to the product.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

No way i'll get someone to bang this on and come back to sand it for £2.20m2 @gps

On a serious note though like people have said im sure that theres the odd room in houses all over the country that would benefit from this certainly conservation type work but in reality (and initially i thought this was a great idea) your pissed if you think you'll get mass market appeal from this. Unifinish hasn't caught on at £10 a bag for a trade that is dying to save time and effort from the working day, we understand the materials we use and bg can't shift it to us lot.

To think joe public will spunk £xxxx's having a 1mm reflective coat put on internal walls is stupid. Not naive, stupid. Knock your next door neighbour and ask them if they'd spend £200 for an extra rad in a cold room or £2500 to redecorate and put ur faith in magic crystals they don't understand. Every product has a market but its a bespoke need not a mass one.

With EWI you get a proven benefit, a new look on your property (personal opinion aside its a fresh look even if it looks crap to some), new facias and guttering etc. Its fixed using a mechanical fixing to a solid structure and is very unlikely to fail when done right. What happens when the skim your going on to with this blows?? You call someone in to patch it up for £7-800??

Im also suprised nobody has considered a massive flaw in this as well. If its sold to anyone and not licenced then whats to stop someone calling an "installer" up getting him out with his expensive gadgets to check the walls and then when he tells them there in luck and there walls are suitable just saying ok great and buying it themselves. After all it needs sanding down either way and can be skimmed over if they don't get it flat enough to paint. Their cost goes from £45m2 to £15 and a few evenings sanding.

Can't believe i typed all that. Only wanted to say i don't think it'll work or catch on like ewi did/has. Good luck though hopefully im wrong and i'll be crying out to get on the course in a year.

Uni doesn't offer the customer anything multie doesn't, and nothing much extra to the user, also a radiator won't solve a cold gable wall. Some gaffs can't have EWI and it would be a bit extreme to fix a couple of walls, what's the difference in someone getting a plasterer in and doing it themselves? EWI didn't really catch on people had it to make their houses look better and they didn't need pay for it all straight away. IWI hasn't really caught on and puts a lot of people off due to the space you loose never mind the disruption.

Uni doesn't offer the customer anything multie doesn't, and nothing much extra to the user, also a radiator won't solve a cold gable wall. Some gaffs can't have EWI and it would be a bit extreme to fix a couple of walls, what's the difference in someone getting a plasterer in and doing it themselves? EWI didn't really catch on people had it to make their houses look better and they didn't need pay for it all straight away. IWI hasn't really caught on and puts a lot of people off due to the space you loose never mind the disruption.

My point being uni would be a benefit to plasterers but the price stopped it gaining momentum off the bat. A customer imo will be very very unlikely to put faith in a magic skim at 5/10 times the cost in the average house.

As in my original post i agree its got a potential use but the difference between the idea of it and the reality of spending money for it are two different things. People might not like the idea of losing 100mm in a room with iwi but most would like to keep an extra grand or so a room in their pockets. Product sounds good but to me it seems like the green deals over so its time for a new idea to launch. People might have more confidence in spending their money at the minute but generally its not thrown away.

Have you thought about becoming a brick layer ?

No way i'll get someone to bang this on and come back to sand it for £2.20m2 @gps

On a serious note though like people have said im sure that theres the odd room in houses all over the country that would benefit from this certainly conservation type work but in reality (and initially i thought this was a great idea) your pissed if you think you'll get mass market appeal from this. Unifinish hasn't caught on at £10 a bag for a trade that is dying to save time and effort from the working day, we understand the materials we use and bg can't shift it to us lot.

To think joe public will spunk £xxxx's having a 1mm reflective coat put on internal walls is stupid. Not naive, stupid. Knock your next door neighbour and ask them if they'd spend £200 for an extra rad in a cold room or £2500 to redecorate and put ur faith in magic crystals they don't understand. Every product has a market but its a bespoke need not a mass one.

With EWI you get a proven benefit, a new look on your property (personal opinion aside its a fresh look even if it looks crap to some), new facias and guttering etc. Its fixed using a mechanical fixing to a solid structure and is very unlikely to fail when done right. What happens when the skim your going on to with this blows?? You call someone in to patch it up for £7-800??

Im also suprised nobody has considered a massive flaw in this as well. If its sold to anyone and not licenced then whats to stop someone calling an "installer" up getting him out with his expensive gadgets to check the walls and then when he tells them there in luck and there walls are suitable just saying ok great and buying it themselves. After all it needs sanding down either way and can be skimmed over if they don't get it flat enough to paint. Their cost goes from £45m2 to £15 and a few evenings sanding.

Can't believe i typed all that. Only wanted to say i don't think it'll work or catch on like ewi did/has. Good luck though hopefully im wrong and i'll be crying out to get on the course in a year.
Exactly my thoughts although I can't be bothered to type all that!!!

Uni Finish failed to start off with, this is a reason not many buy it. Secondly it offers no thermal benefits. Aero-Therm although being a plaster is actually an insulation product. Cant be compared to be honest

Jobs are already being completed using Aero-Therm - there is already the demand for it. When we started selling EWI people also said, 'how are we going to be able to sell that to the home-owner! How do you sell a system where you stick polystyrene to the outside of someone house and render over it!'
The reason why, if they spend money to make their house thermally efficient they save money in the long run.

All landlords of properties have to begin making the places they own thermally efficient - this is going to be a solution for them to do this

EWI is still going to be a popular thing, there are many properties in the UK such as listed buildings or Terraced property where EWI can't be done. They then require another form of Insulation. If you want to lose 65mm-95mm inside your room with an IWI system thats an option, or you can go for a gauranteed system which will take up 1mm.

If they buy it themselves, they don't get any guarantees. Only approved contractors or applicators get this. With regards to them buying themselves, this wont be happening to start with, we will only be selling to approved applicators at the start. They also will have to pay a lot more than what you guys would charge materials. Applicator rates are available to approved people only - these have been done to protect you.
The other side to this, if they do it themselves I'm confident in saying they wouldn't do it correctly - its the same as normal plastering in that respect, a contractor would then have to come in and put it right.

Some good points @thebearbeef - I have done my best to answer them for you.

If you have anymore points Im happy to go over it with you

Ryan

The more I read through this thread the more I'm starting to sit on the fence (having been keen to start with) What guarantees exactly will approved contractors br able to give?

How long has the product been available Ryan on the market ? Are there jobs out there that have lasted the 15 years ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pug
On a lighter note at least they have excellent labour resourcing right next door!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 246
Most customers hate spending money so it's never going to take off
I've no doubt some might want it but not many for me
Ryan certainly has ambition although still wet behind the ears in the construction game

What does anyone think is really gonna happen in 15 years? if you do get a call in February 2031 what ya gonna say? If it is what it is the difference should be straight away by putting your hand on it, the same as if you skimmed the wall the customer will know straight away if it's smooth, they are not gonna ring you back in 15 years with a complaint.

Ryan certainly has ambition although still wet behind the ears in the construction game
Bit Harsh there Bob

I know what your saying but if your house has this problem your gonna have to pay someone to sort it and whichever way they choose is gonna cost.

What does anyone think is really gonna happen in 15 years? if you do get a call in February 2031 what ya gonna say? If it is what it is the difference should be straight away by putting your hand on it, the same as if you skimmed the wall the customer will know straight away if it's smooth, they are not gonna ring you back in 15 years with a complaint.
My only question is how long has the product been out ,to give a 15 year guarantee ?

utill there is a problem , then it will be the applicators at fault.

as regards ewi, 99% of our orders are from councils as they are one of the few that can afford the cost.
The damp proofing industry has to be one of the biggest cons for the last 40 years ans they are still going strong with all the guarantees they offer.

The damp proofing industry has to be one of the biggest cons for the last 40 years ans they are still going strong with all the guarantees they offer.
That's out of the fear factor of people terrified damp will cause substantial damage. A cold wall won't.

it was never the chemical companies that said 30 years ,back in the day it was 10 years ,but with Damp proof companies trying to out do each other with advertising it just went up and up