Aero-Therm Interior energy reflective products

Members online

That all took some reading. I had the pleasure of going to aero therm with Danny and meeting the lads there. I was dubious at first and had my reservations but I was soon convinced and turned around. The information and stats behind how the product works speak for themselves. The tile sample is instantly effective. I had a play with the product and it it simplistic to apply and use. There are some basic rules to stick to but once you've had a go and get used to it, it's quite easy. I've had a play putting some venetian over the top of it too and it works well. You can still feel the warmth on the surface. I've also created a test area consisting of 2 toilet cubicles. These are identical in shape and size. Both fully tiled. One has aerotherm on the tiles then venetian plaster on top. When the project if finished the idea is you can step into each cubicle and feel the difference of the wall. Will put a thermometer in each cubicle too just to see if there is an ambient temperature difference. I don't know if there will be a different reading on each gage as the areas are small and may have an equal ambient temperature.

The studio is currently nearing it's final stages of renovation and I'm hoping to soon be putting on a day for anyone on here to come over and look at aerotherm and have a play with it. Bit of a show and tell before any training days take place in manchester. The lads from aerotherm will be there and hopefully @Danny too

I dunno robjack. You're the man for venetian but you just seem to be wheeled out to back things up of late.

Not really @Jurek not got on here much lately as we have a lot going on with the venetian training centre and studio as well as working everywhere. I have an interest in aero therm and we will be a training and distribution point in due course. I'm pretty honest and if I didn't like it or thought it was a bad Idea I would voice my opinion.

I've got a south facing slate roofed sceiling in my back bedroom. Gets like a f**k**g oven even on a moderately warm day.

Been wondering about this also, modern glass fascade designs. could work really well with this type of product, except , what happens June, July. Think standard domestic applications are not where I would concentrate my efforts at the present price point. Corporates, consultants, legals. anywhere which can go cost neutral via. write offs Georgian terraced, well heeled and presentation minded. Have a few interior designers as regular clients, this would float their boats ,I've no doubt.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pug
And you need training on this why lol

The training isn't purely down to the application but the overall installation.

The testing that needs to be done prior to application, surface treatment and many other things.

It's a easy product to use, it's the technical details that gets taught

Would it reflect heat out of the building in hot weather?
You raise a good question. AeroTherm reflects radiant energy back into a room. It is not effective in reflecting the Sun back out of a room, back through the walls. To use reflective technology to do that, you would need to coat the outside of a property. AeroTherm are developing a product to do that in the future, and no doubt there will be products purporting to do this already on the market today.

You can reduce the radiant energy coming into a room in the summer with the use of reflective blinds and of course you can ventilate. However, every product has it sweet spot and AeroTherm is all about keeping rooms warm through retention of radiant energy. If you are concerned about a room becoming too warm in the summer (and that outweighs your concern about being cold in the winter), then we would not recommend applying AeroTherm to that room. Having said that, there are millions of rooms in the UK where being cold in the winter is the biggest issue.

Reactions: Pug
The training isn't purely down to the application but the overall installation.

The testing that needs to be done prior to application, surface treatment and many other things.

It's a easy product to use, it's the technical details that gets taught
So the testing to be done by the approved tradesmen? Would've thought that would be more down to a qualified surveyer with the right equipment.

I read a few pages so may have missed something but sounds to expensive to get a lot of work for it on domestic jobs so see it mainly on big budget site work ? Il wait for the deluxe paint on version at 1 mm cover thanks.

So the testing to be done by the approved tradesmen? Would've thought that would be more down to a qualified surveyer with the right equipment.

Presumably the only testing needed is to make sure the background is suitable for it, which will not be rocket science.
The course surely will only be to help with the sales jargon etc as aplication anyone half competent with a trowel can do.

For this to be a real success it would need to be a lot cheaper than EWI. If they were that confident in the product they could just mass produce it at a keen price and take over, I smell a rat.

For this to be a real success it would need to be a lot cheaper than EWI. If they were that confident in the product they could just mass produce it at a keen price and take over, I smell a rat.

For me I could only sell this on a room/wall basis for those that didn't want to lose any additional room space as opposed to thermal boards

I don't think I could sell this on domestic, clients aren't daft, especially the ones with candy.

When it would be cheaper to fit another radiator in a room this product is a none starter for me.

It's not about extra rads though, it's eliminating solid cold external walls and condensation and mould etc

It's not about extra rads though, it's eliminating solid cold external walls and condensation and mould etc
Exactly and this is the point no body seems to either get or understand. I could of sold this to a job yesterday very easily and they would of snapped my hand off rather than loose space. I've been on jobs where the customer is pulling their face over loosing 5-10mm on a kitchen and bathroom. This particular job needs the rendering outside sorting first then they have a choice to either have IWI or this gear because the walls in this house are always going to be cold.

Exactly and this is the point no body seems to either get or understand. I could of sold this to a job yesterday very easily and they would of snapped my hand off rather than loose space. I've been on jobs where the customer is pulling their face over loosing 5-10mm on a kitchen and bathroom. This particular job needs the rendering outside sorting first then they have a choice to either have IWI or this gear because the walls in this house are always going to be cold.
If they spend on the rendering might as well use Ewi? Considerably less cost.

I don't think I could sell this on domestic, clients aren't daft, especially the ones with candy.

When it would be cheaper to fit another radiator in a room this product is a none starter for me.

Fitting the new radiator is all well and good. You would still get heat loss though.

Kind of counter productive and losing the home owner more money

This system been around for decades

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453644565115.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 615
I don't think it will take off as you said it's been out since 2007 and none of the major players have touched it.

Good luck with it though.