Advise needed

I have recently done some work fork a customer that had an untreated oak staircase which I covered to try and avoid any splashes but unfortunatly there was a couple of bits that got through. It has left a black mark and was wandering what the best way to get rid of it. Any help and helpful advise would be much appreciated.

Hillsy

Yes if it’s untreated a light sand with a fine paper should remove it. The Multi-Finish burns the wood but a light sand should do the trick

John j

you need a thick skin and a sense of humour on here pal otherwise you'll get destroyed
on a more serious note: my advice regarding the staircase is set fire to it to match the black marks up
Why . Bit extreme . Just brush it all down with water to match

Last edited:

Danny

Administrator
tooth paste... I repaired our oak worktops with with toothpaste after our cleaner tipped bleach on it

I have recently done some work fork a customer that had an untreated oak staircase which I covered to try and avoid any splashes but unfortunatly there was a couple of bits that got through. It has left a black mark and was wandering what the best way to get rid of it. Any help and helpful advise would be much appreciated.
could be stuck with this lesson learned don't go near oak unless pre treated with sealer sorry cant help mate

carys

Very light sandpaper does the job if ther small marks