Achievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
I know everyone's different and we all have different abilities. But how much area can you realistically skim in a day? I have 3 bedrooms to skim, all prep work has been done. Ceilings and walls, modern terraced house. What do you reckon is achievable in a day? half the room, full room? How would you guys go about it? All the rooms are empty too!! cheers.

i've done quite a few double bedrooms in a day on my own. finish about 2/3 lid and walls. that was pvaing aswell. if i wba'd everything i'd be able to do bigger hits, i did a full h/s/l in a day, with 2 full length walls the other week

Forgot to say. All the ceilings are artex but scraped flat and are WBA'd. The walls are in good nick and are also WBA'd. Beads are on the windows. 2 double bedrooms and a single room! Biggest factor is....i'm doing it on my own.

a room a day is exceptable... no point going balls out or you may as well go on site.

remember if its domestic you have to dust sheet up every fricken day.... oh I miss that job!

Maybe Richard. But artex?? Its just not happening on ceilings, really! I don't trust PVA on artex. I've had it fall off!

between 1 & 3 bags is normal for a set, 3 sets a day is possible between 8-5. Obviously the more straight forward the set the more you will lay on. I have never come across a spread who puts on 4 bags a set (3 times a day every day) and still manages to keep the work 1st class and have time for beading,taping and cleaning and 2 more sets. Its common sense the more time you spend laying the longer you spend finishing

it'd be a room a day for me. mind you, there's only about 2 hrs of daylight up in scotland this time of year ain't there?

you've only done 6? wow you should come to milton keynes every job I did was skimming over fricken artex... I like WBA but I also quite like PVA as its quick and you can get on it quicker

you've only done 6? wow you should come to milton keynes every job I did was skimming over fricken artex... I like WBA but I also quite like PVA as its quick and you can get on it quicker

no 6 ceilingx last week in 1 house all i seem to get is artex cover jobs:RpS_thumbup:

Back on the subject of what is achievable, all depends on whether you've convinced them to pay you day rate or already stuck a price in! Day rate = half a room a day, price work = 2 rooms a day! Make the money work for you!:RpS_thumbup:

Back on the subject of what is achievable, all depends on whether you've convinced them to pay you day rate or already stuck a price in! Day rate = half a room a day, price work = 2 rooms a day! Make the money work for you!:RpS_thumbup:

same hear if set a price get it done & sit on sofa on plasterers forum:RpS_thumbsup:

day an half if the ceiling has to be bonded, do it right don't rush and leave a good clean tidy job (nuff said)

same as before, what is a "double bedroom" if its ******* huge, or an L shape and has all sorts of angles meaning you infact have 8 walls to skim and not 4 then it can take a few days.. if the room is square id give myself a day and a half, but I price for two days.

I do 2 sets a day and take it easy, no point rushing around, stresses you out!

I have found that its very rare for a ceiling to need bonding first, if you get a good scraper no need to bond and less weight on the old shitty artex :)

I have found that its very rare for a ceiling to need bonding first, if you get a good scraper no need to bond and less weight on the old shitty artex :)
yes Danny but your still puttig on the same thikness to get over the artex.

between 1 & 3 bags is normal for a set, 3 sets a day is possible between 8-5. Obviously the more straight forward the set the more you will lay on. I have never come across a spread who puts on 4 bags a set (3 times a day every day) and still manages to keep the work 1st class and have time for beading,taping and cleaning and 2 more sets. Its common sense the more time you spend laying the longer you spend finishing

Mate do you know your in the plastering section ? you must be well bored ?

the good thing about wba is you can do bigger hits so, probably put 2 or all 3 of the ceilings on in 1 hit or a ceiling and a few walls etc etc

That is exactly what I do!!
Oh & I don't trust PVA on artex anymore, I,ve had too many ceilings peel off on my polish trowel to last a life time!!

same as before, what is a "double bedroom" if its ******* huge, or an L shape and has all sorts of angles meaning you infact have 8 walls to skim and not 4 then it can take a few days.. if the room is square id give myself a day and a half, but I price for two days.

I do 2 sets a day and take it easy, no point rushing around, stresses you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.