Accredited local suppliers

Members online

FreeD

Private Member

So basically Rishi will announce these vouchers that only can be used with 'accredited local suppliers'

I'm guessing that means the large companies that will just pocket this cash and carry out terrible workmanship

Will probably be out of reach of the average bob the builder...loads of red tape to get 'accredited' and we will end of losing a load of work to the bigger firms as they will be offering large discounts

Great move thanks Rishi...but the devil will be in the detail.

So basically Rishi will announce these vouchers that only can be used with 'accredited local suppliers'

I'm guessing that means the large companies that will just pocket this cash and carry out terrible workmanship

Will probably be out of reach of the average bob the builder...loads of red tape to get 'accredited' and we will end of losing a load of work to the bigger firms as they will be offering large discounts

Its not aimed at us,its for loft insulating,triple glazed windows,new energy efficient boilers etc f**k all to do with plasterers

it will all depend on how the vouchers will be distributed.
im guessing you will have to be pas 2035 compliant. cant let any old dosser install a window from b and q or loft insulation. they f**k*d it up in eco last time.

but wont be many accreditted.

he says to be aimed at local businesses but im not so sure...

Who the hell wants to do internal insulation!!!

Errr lots of people I've installed 1000s of meters of the stuff...every job I do now which is solid wall gets the treatment internal or external insulation...there are alot of people who don't like external insulation because it can look ugly. Are you a site skimmer? or a plasterer?

Errr lots of people I've installed 1000s of meters of the stuff...every job I do now which is solid wall gets the treatment internal or external insulation...there are alot of people who don't like external insulation because it can look ugly. Are you a site skimmer? or a plasterer?
I've done 1000s myself over the years.im semi retired domestic now,probably done more work in my 1st 20 years of life than you have to this point so less of the sarcasm or il slap that are of yours and put you back in line wipper

There’s red tape for a reason, to remove jokers that haven’t enough working capital to fund projects and meet up to health and safety standards etc. It will be chas and pas 2035 as a minimum I’d imagine.

That's how I'm doing mine.
You have timber floors mate will you insulate them too , out of interest?
My own personal opinion is this is a massive heat saving to do ground floor and upstairs floors say 150 mm rock wool in them and your iwi you’ll be roasting

You have timber floors mate will you insulate them too , out of interest?
My own personal opinion is this is a massive heat saving to do ground floor and upstairs floors say 150 mm rock wool in them and your iwi you’ll be roasting
No mate solid floor in the original cottage.
I've got between 500-750mm of Rockwall in the roof space. 90mm GEPS going on the outside of the solid brick walls.

There’s red tape for a reason, to remove jokers that haven’t enough working capital to fund projects and meet up to health and safety standards etc. It will be chas and pas 2035 as a minimum I’d imagine.

The jokers last time were the big energy companies that got involved and creamed it while doing some terrible installations

The jokers last time were the big energy companies that got involved and creamed it while doing some terrible installations

yup. Gave my mate a hand on a solar installation last year that had packed up. Nice woman, bit of an eco warrior, but she still had all the original paperwork from the initial consultation. Was a f**k**g joke what they sold her with regards to all the money she was going to save etc. Usual bulls s**t sales pitch. Company had gone under, but luckily for her, the inverter was just in warranty with the manufacturer. Installation was crap, connections on panels all had to be redone too.

True there were examples of bad practice. We’ve done some big Ewi schemes it isn’t just work for the big boys out there, small firms can get involved aswell.