50/50 yes or no

Members online

Back in the day my boss saw me putting jute srim over some joints and said it's not needed if you're using bonding first..

they had some stupid ideas , plasterboard lath sheets that you did not scrim just fill the bevel joints then skim.
the time i get asked to over skim those plasterboard lath ceilings which crack to the shape of the board 1200x 500.
I think that this is where spreads of today get the idea of leaving a gap between plaster boards comes from .

FFB6D191-B7B8-4C50-AEE1-7D7798BD2A47.jpeg
Nearly flooded the house reading this thread - back to sipping the wine...bath tepid :)

No amount of bonding or scrim is gonna stop a crack caused by movement in the building, these buildings weigh 1000s of kgs, unfortunately scrim and bonding isn't rated for that.

Removing all old wood around windows or chimney breast before beading will help stop the wood suck moisture out of the plaster but again that method isn't fail safe

Plastering too thick can cause cracks, plastering too thin can cause cracks.

Drying plaster too fast can cause cracks, because of direct sun light, gas cannister heaters etc

Double scrimming your beads or cracks will help again but nothing is 100 percent fail safe and your lying if you say you've never had a crack

Basically, a crack is nothing to worry about and I've just gave you at least 5 reasons to blag on your domestics why this is happening

Merry Xmas the wizard

No amount of bonding or scrim is gonna stop a crack caused by movement in the building, these buildings weigh 1000s of kgs, unfortunately scrim and bonding isn't rated for that.

Removing all old wood around windows or chimney breast before beading will help stop the wood suck moisture out of the plaster but again that method isn't fail safe

Plastering too thick can cause cracks, plastering too thin can cause cracks.

Drying plaster too fast can cause cracks, because of direct sun light, gas cannister heaters etc

Double scrimming your beads or cracks will help again but nothing is 100 percent fail safe and your lying if you say you've never had a crack

Basically, a crack is nothing to worry about and I've just gave you at least 5 reasons to blag on your domestics why this is happening

Merry Xmas the wizard

agree. But I’ve had some good success with render mesh n magic mix. Fook me ive covered some stuff I shouldn’t have with that stuff