3rd self employment payment

Members online

We have been disrupted badly recently to with jobs put of due to COVID contact and last week had to pack up tools halfway through the job due to customer having contact with +COVID at weekend :llorando:
Again another story that didn't happen

i think some lads think the government has money, they don’t, it’s future tax takes there spending.
It’s just giving money out that you’ll pay back over the next few years by stealth, that we will all pay more of ie national insurance, income tax,vat,cis tax,fuel tax,council tax,road tax,inheritance tax etc etc.

We have been disrupted badly recently to with jobs put of due to COVID contact and last week had to pack up tools halfway through the job due to customer having contact with +COVID at weekend :llorando:
Mate I pulled off a job as the customer had email to start shielding again, I take this very seriously I know half of society don’t believe all this but while I’m working 100% I am

i think some lads think the government has money, they don’t, it’s future tax takes there spending.
It’s just giving money out that you’ll pay back over the next few years by stealth, that we will all pay more of ie national insurance, income tax,vat,cis tax,fuel tax,council tax,road tax,inheritance tax etc etc.
Yes but every1 will have to pay it back even when got nothing out of it,I don't see how its fair for people like @stuart2 Paying my mortgage etc and any nikky naks I fancy buying..bought some trainers other day for £180,thought wow man steady on,then it hit me like a ton of bricks...dont worry stuarts buying them

Yes but every1 will have to pay it back even when got nothing out of it,I don't see how its fair for people like @stuart2 Paying my mortgage etc and any nikky naks I fancy buying..bought some trainers other day for £180,thought wow man steady on,then it hit me like a ton of bricks...dont worry stuarts buying them
I agree to a certain extent, but your missing the bigger point. Most of the money given out in a grant or what ever you want to call them, it goes straight back into the economy it’s just another form of quantitative easing. Take your trainers at £180 for example you’ve just bought, straight away £30 odd quid is vat, straight back to hmrc, wherever you bought them from they’ll employ people pay income tax, they’ll pay corporation tax, chances are there made halfway across the world, that will mean import tax etc etc and so it goes around.

I agree to a certain extent, but your missing the bigger point. Most of the money given out in a grant or what ever you want to call them, it goes straight back into the economy it’s just another form of quantitative easing. Take your trainers at £180 for example you’ve just bought, straight away £30 odd quid is vat, straight back to hmrc, wherever you bought them from they’ll employ people pay income tax, they’ll pay corporation tax, chances are there made halfway across the world, that will mean import tax etc etc and so it goes around.
What about coke I buy? There's no vat on that and not sure that goes back into legal system

Nice bloke that @stuart23 , he’s brought us all pressies, he’s like our very own father xmas

No point anyone working then, keep giving handouts and in turn the money goes back into the government’s coffers , it’s a win, win :descansando: ;)

Lurpak dont forget yer supposed to be 70 years old under this username!
1604610211373.jpeg

That’s the thing that gets me, I know folk that spent the summer lying around sinking cans all day on full pay saying that the virus didn’t exist. Then when it was time to go back to work they were refusing as they were saying not enough precautions in place for a virus that they don’t believe in anyway. The people that took the most should have to pay the most back through higher taxes or how else is it fair on everyone else.
Get to work

Just got in and heard about the next payment, fair play on the government this is great news for the self employed , my works getting back on track Ish but has been disturbed bad in terms of getting materials it’s been a battle this year but determined to crack on and hopefully work through the rest of this pandemic, appt they have announced big funding too for the homeless and have made good progress with this since last lockdown, good luck lads
Shup up ye lesbian and just claim it xx

they make the figures up
how can no one not see that

gold reserves lol

its made up figures
your 100k a year will be £1 million in 100 years

capatism its the way the world turns
Nike Air trainers won't get bailed out

airlines will

This basic economics should be taught in school its so tiring trying to educate others especially plasterers they need to hear it 10 times before something 'clicks' :risas2:

This basic economics should be taught in school its so tiring trying to educate others especially plasterers they need to hear it 10 times before something 'clicks' :risas2:
Run that by me again?

you mean workers
thats why your working
because you have no sense in business

they make the figures up
how can no one not see that

gold reserves lol

its made up figures
your 100k a year will be £1 million in 100 years

capatism its the way the world turns
Nike Air trainers won't get bailed out

airlines will
Wish I was as drunk as you xx

I don’t qualify for anything either, Still, we made our bed now we’ve got to lie in it I guess.
That's the thing Rich, I really don't feel like I "made my bed" where this is concerned, and my son definitely didn't. We just seem to have fallen threw the cracks of the system.

That's the thing Rich, I really don't feel like I "made my bed" where this is concerned, and my son definitely didn't. We just seem to have fallen threw the cracks of the system.
End of day you've still lost out because of it. Bloke who owns hotel we go to lost 43 grand through it but gets nothing because he.s earned to much .

I don’t know your circumstances,
But I’m a director and ltd.i get nothing, that’s how I’ve set it up, and I accept that’s the way it goes.

But I’m a director and ltd.i get nothing, that’s how I’ve set it up, and I accept that’s the way it goes.
Same as the mrs,set up her company 18months ago and supplies to the hospitality trade and that’s all gone tits
up.

its a crazy set up mate

my step dad got furlough payment for ages
then made redundant with 10k
now working somewhere else.

Its bizzare that some have been unaffected,some on paper are better off and others have been completely wiped out by the virus and bizzarely it has nothing to do with skill set.