2 Stone heavier plus an aching back

I use to skip loads when I was a member of the boxing club... use to kill me... also found a lot of ropes were too dam short and they would just skim the top of my head which hurt like hell
6FE6EEE2-E515-4758-B60E-E84E4A9519C4.png
6FE6EEE2-E515-4758-B60E-E84E4A9519C4.png
9F8D418E-9075-4039-9B49-5FB4BC8E8CBF.png

These are the best I’ve found (and I’ve tried quite a few over the years). I’m 6.2” and I use the 9 foot - perfect for me. 10 foot for you Danny I reckon :)

Attachments

• 699646A6-5478-43FD-9129-1A54BFBE2924.png
    699646A6-5478-43FD-9129-1A54BFBE2924.png
    2 MB · Views: 134
Meant to say, ignore the sizing (to a degree) in the photos of the rope size, it says 9 foot rope for under 5 11”, 9 foot rope would be for people up to 6 3”.
4DAF7C90-95DE-4DF0-BB0F-87D0D063E616.png

It’s hard to nail the technique at first, but once you get the rhythm it can be done anywhere. Get skipping, get super fit :)

@Vincey make sure you stretch your back out before and after work. Most aches and pains like yours are muscle imbalance and Your back straining because your belly has got bigger. Plus all the lifting = overworked back muscles. A good soak in a bath and stretch out after work will do wonders.

I'm going to the chiropractor on Monday. No doubt the first of a couple of visits to get things back in place. After this long away from it I'll probably need to go to KwikFit to have my tracking set.

I'm going to the chiropractor on Monday. No doubt the first of a couple of visits to get things back in place. After this long away from it I'll probably need to go to KwikFit to have my tracking set.

I desperately need to see 1 I didn't think they would opening yet?

You see? I stuck a thread up about keeping fit. Now your're paying.. if you try and go like you used to straight out the gates you'll get injuries. I've tried to keep fit and use the scaffold bar but can't deny loading and unloading the triple ladders on the van in a hurry yesterday was a test (bee's swarming).

Warm up stretching is good , not forgetting to rotate and stretch the neck as supporting the head plays a big part in upper torso muscles
refresh the habit of bending the knees
Plan your day to ease the build up of strenuous and stretching work
@zombie your probably right but the ones advertised in telephone boxes still working although the ones with the rubber gloves are quite expensive lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and drink lots of water ( horrible stuff )
A lifetime of caffeine and once I started drinking lots of water , not 1 twinge , went from crawling out of bed in agony to sitting straight up

I desperately need to see 1 I didn't think they would opening yet?

Mine isn't open for normal stuff, but if you're an existing client and in pain you can book an appointment. I have to ring them on the morning for an appointment that afternoon. No access to the waiting room, just straight into the exam room after they've wiped down from the previous client (if there was one) then the usual hand wash etc.

Oh and drink lots of water ( horrible stuff )
A lifetime of caffeine and once I started drinking lots of water , not 1 twinge , went from crawling out of bed in agony to sitting straight up

I cut caffeine out completely for a while, then allowed myself a limited amount as in a coffee now and then. I tell you what though, as soon as Costa open back up I'm straight in for a large Latte no fcuking about.

I'm very tempted to buy a pack of fags too, but I won't. Nearly two years off them now and what do I hear? Smokers are less likely to catch the virus. :mad:

I cut caffeine out completely for a while, then allowed myself a limited amount as in a coffee now and then. I tell you what though, as soon as Costa open back up I'm straight in for a large Latte no fcuking about.

I'm very tempted to buy a pack of fags too, but I won't. Nearly two years off them now and what do I hear? Smokers are less likely to catch the virus. :mad:
Yep I still love a coffee
Well done with the fags , I packed up once for 5 years and was the only period of my life I got colds , am also convinced they protected me from gutting old artex ceilings when I was younger
Bad habit tho , think it's a lot to do with genetics , my grandparents aunts and uncles and parents smoked heavily all lived into 80s

Well done with the fags , I packed up once for 5 years and was the only period of my life I got colds , am also convinced they protected me from gutting old artex ceilings when I was younger
Bad habit tho , think it's a lot to do with genetics , my grandparents aunts and uncles and parents smoked heavily all lived into 80s

Yeah, I reckon I'd have been OK as I had no noticeable improvement when I quit which I took to mean I'd done no lasting damage. It's bloody expensive and also there was the added health risk factor. When I looked at all the dangers as I turned 50 it was basically fags and motorbikes. Other than that my diet's not too bad aside from too much sugar, my weight's OK and there's no history of anything nasty genetically.

So I figured I'd best hedge my bets and quit fags on the proviso that if I get diagnosed with something nasty I'm starting smoking again. :D

Yeah, I reckon I'd have been OK as I had no noticeable improvement when I quit which I took to mean I'd done no lasting damage. It's bloody expensive and also there was the added health risk factor. When I looked at all the dangers as I turned 50 it was basically fags and motorbikes. Other than that my diet's not too bad aside from too much sugar, my weight's OK and there's no history of anything nasty genetically.

So I figured I'd best hedge my bets and quit fags on the proviso that if I get diagnosed with something nasty I'm starting smoking again. :D
They are a great stress reliever lol
I like the odd joint so it's always in the background
Always steered clear of sugar , think that and salt in ready meals and takeaway food is a big health problem in this country
Surprised that we haven't a fat tax cos it's gonna cripple the NHS in the not too distant future

They are a great stress reliever lol
I like the odd joint so it's always in the background
Always steered clear of sugar , think that and salt in ready meals and takeaway food is a big health problem in this country
Surprised that we haven't a fat tax cos it's gonna cripple the NHS in the not too distant future

Fat tax will come, they're already making noises about slab crackers being at greater risk of contracting Covid along with all the other issues.

I think the problem with sugar comes when it is combined with other unhealthy stuff in a diet. My sugar intake is high, but about the levels for Scandinavian countries. I don't eat a lot of fatty foods though, and my salt intake is low.

I had a detailed blood test just over a year ago and everything was good or better including cholesterol which really p1ssed Mrs Imago off because she was certain my sugar intake was unhealthy. The thing is everyone is different and have different tolerances and requirements in their diet. It always makes me laugh when people say things like you shouldn't have this, or shouldn't eat that. Who shouldn't? Is that based on a blood test or just some sh1te you read on the internet?

Friend of my missus , known him for 30 years , built like a stick , picked up with a new girly a few years back , she love a Macky D or three
He now says he's on Google maps as a roundabout

A mate of mine who I've known since we were 16 used to have an entire sliced loaf made into sandwiches each day. A whole fcuking loaf! He's built like a starving whippet even now.

i look at keith richards from the rolling stones,the man defies medical science,i honestly think if he was to pack the fags/drugs/drink in,the shock to his system would kill him