2 people on a machine

We spray in a three man gang always and probably average however good the job is lol but 60m is a good hit for us, this is one coat my mate was working in Exeter and watched a two man gang spray two huge gables he said they did it in two passes and sprayed it very wet is this how everyone does it? Surely even in the summer it would still take a while to pick up, fair play to him I’m not knocking him but seems like a massive balls ache two passes

My biggest worry would be halos if you get a bit carried away with the first pass but I guess you just have to be carefull

My biggest worry would be halos if you get a bit carried away with the first pass but I guess you just have to be carefull
We spray in a three man gang always and probably average however good the job is lol but 60m is a good hit for us, this is one coat my mate was working in Exeter and watched a two man gang spray two huge gables he said they did it in two passes and sprayed it very wet is this how everyone does it? Surely even in the summer it would still take a while to pick up, fair play to him I’m not knocking him but seems like a massive balls ache two passes
One pass every time why anyone would do it in two is beyond me monocouche even translates as one coat

I was doing 50m2 with unskilled labourer on refurb...absolute killer 7pm finishes not anymore. With a machine.

Monocouche translates to Single Layer, however all manufacturers will recommend a two pass application. Spraying in two passes will still count as a single layer and one application.

Reasons being, you’re ensuring you get the correct water content into the mix, the first pass helps control suction.

In truth, you’ll rarely see hairline or cracking issues in two pass application, it’s more common with those who spray a thick “dry” pass.

Monocouche translates to Single Layer, however all manufacturers will recommend a two pass application. Spraying in two passes will still count as a single layer and one application.

Reasons being, you’re ensuring you get the correct water content into the mix, the first pass helps control suction.

In truth, you’ll rarely see hairline or cracking issues in two pass application, it’s more common with those who spray a thick “dry” pass.
I've only really ever seen k-rend crack on its own anything else is usually on new block and down to settlement the block cracking behind the render

See you never did French at school lol

More your translation? Of the word
Monocouche;
Derived from the French, and meaning mono or single layer, Monocouche renders are modern single coat renders which can be applied by hand or machine.

Mono - a prefix that means one, only or single.

Pretty sure my translation is extremely accurate, however would love to be educated otherwise….

Monocouche;
Derived from the French, and meaning mono or single layer, Monocouche renders are modern single coat renders which can be applied by hand or machine.

Pretty sure my translation is extremely accurate, however would love to be educated otherwise….
No need to be rude ! Jesus ! Just think you could be wrong. I think mono means one , and couch means coat , that’s all

Monocouche;

argh Ryan my friend

Im a monocouche skimmer :cool:

Monocouche;

algeeman ne fait qu'une seule couche toute la journée

No need to be rude ! Jesus ! Just think you could be wrong. I think mono means one , and couch means coat , that’s all
I’m not being rude in the slightest, apologies if you feel that way, I’m purely stating a fact after you said I was wrong and didn’t do French at school. Often forums and posts on media platforms share incorrect information - I do my best to ensure people get the right information.

One coat would simply be “Une Couche”

Where does the name ‘monocouche’ come from?​

In French – where monocoucheoriginates – it literally translates into English as ‘one coat

Where does the name ‘monocouche’ come from?​

In French – where monocoucheoriginates – it literally translates into English as ‘one coat
We can go on about it all day, you sourced that from Weber's page via google, but if you search again you'll note the other meanings.
They have anglicised it and haven't given a direct translation - which I have. To save us going on and on, use a translator and solve our problem. Worth also searching for the term Pedantic.

We can go on about it all day, you sourced that from Weber's page via google, but if you search again you'll note the other meanings.
They have anglicised it and haven't given a direct translation - which I have. To save us going on and on, use a translator and solve our problem. Worth also searching for the term Pedantic.
Now that is rude because you are suggesting @Stargazer does not know the meaning of the English word "Pedantic" You also have convinced yourself you know the meaning of the word because you deal with French suppliers which has no relevance. You come across as arrogant. No offence intended.

Now that is rude because you are suggesting @Stargazer does not know the meaning of the English word "Pedantic" You also have convinced yourself you know the meaning of the word because you deal with French suppliers which has no relevance. You come across as arrogant. No offence intended.
Tapit, it's not the fact I deal with French suppliers that gives me the understanding of the true meaning, I feel it was extremely pedantic to continue going over the same topic and to even call me out on it originally when the correct and other useful information had been given. Especially when a simple Google translate or google search will back me up.

Yet again, the main point of the original post has been completely lost even when useful information has been given. Which now seems to be a common trend on the forum.

Tapit, it's not the fact I deal with French suppliers that gives me the understanding of the true meaning, I feel it was extremely pedantic to continue going over the same topic and to even call me out on it originally when the correct and other useful information had been given. Especially when a simple Google translate or google search will back me up.

Yet again, the main point of the original post has been completely lost even when useful information has been given. Which now seems to be a common trend on the forum.
The original post was about how many operatives to a machine?